jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Freelance writing or HubPages?

1. BlissfulWriter profile image70
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Freelance writing or HubPages?

I know you want to say both.  But if you had to pick one or the other, would you (A) do paid freelance writing for clients or (B) write full time on HubPages and earn revenue share.

2. keeponfalling profile image68
    keeponfallingposted 6 years ago

For long term I go for hubpages, small but steady income

3. tritrain profile image83
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

You have more control over freelance writing, but I would still do both.

If I had to choose between both and allocate by ratio of energy, then I would go 20% HubPages and 80% freelance writing.  In the long run your work may pay off better with freelance writing.

That's my 2 cents.

4. FranYo profile image60
    FranYoposted 6 years ago

either, or?

I'd love to freelance, work as a ghostwriter on a biography or a non-fiction.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image100
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I guess the answer would always depend upon how much one is getting paid per article with freelance writing.

The great thing about hubpages or other websites that run Asense, and other advertising adverts on site is that an article here could be making you money five years from now, and while you sleep at night.

Of course there are certain topics that aren't going to do well on a site like Hubpages - anything to do with current news is most often worthless monetarily before it's even published, etc.

6. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

When you say "write full time on HubPages" I assume you really mean to make a full 40-hour work week out of it. Based on that interpretation and comparing to a full time job of freelancing for clients, I'd say it's a no-branner.  The answer is to write full time on HubPages. Why?  Because writing for clients will bring in only a one-time payment per project. But publishing on the web grows as prior work continues to generate revenue.

This is only understood if one considers the fact that "full time" means making a true business out of it. That involves research for articles, studying SEO, keeping up to date with rules and changes, and making themselves part of the community.

7. stuff4you profile image67
    stuff4youposted 6 years ago

I've always thought of using sites like hub pages to be a form of freelancing .

people who visit your articles are like potential clients, and your followers are like clients.

working