jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (17 posts)

AG! Problems posting hubs.

1. Luciendasky profile image70
    Luciendaskyposted 8 years ago

I glanced through the forums and didn't see this one... and I never had problems before today and am wondering if I am doing something wrong - or what I should do.

I usually write my hubs in word and then transfer them over. This makes it easier for me to change things around before I ever publish anything.

Today when I was copying and pasting my hub into the capsules for my text, the format would change into either bold or italics or both. I would have to go back in several times and fix it, or have to start all over.

It took forever! Is it because I was copying and pasting? It has never happened before, but I am just curious if this has happened to anyone else and what I can do to stop it.

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago

That has never happened to me before and I do the same thing, copy and paste from word. And I have no answer I'm sorry chica. I hope you figure it out.

3. Luciendasky profile image70

Thanks Crazdwriter!

4. profile image0

Now where are those computer swavy people lol

5. Luciendasky profile image70

I know!!! I hope they come to the rescue soon big_smile

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 8 years ago in reply to this

you rang... smile

If notepad or wordpad does not work that try taking off the bold/italics and pasting it...

6. profile image0

oooo I had a thought Lucie...maybe your computer is PMSing lmao

7. Luciendasky profile image70

lol! I bet that is it! You are so clever!

8. profile image0

lmao I know when things PMS it's a gift or is it a cruse? well one of the two hehehe...dude where are the computer wizes at?

9. Luciendasky profile image70

I don't know... taps foot impatienty.

10. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 8 years ago

I've seen the same thing. I've also seen strange html characters showing up in some RSS feeds. I suspect that the original hub was copied and pasted from Word.

Just start copying and pasting from Word to Notepad and then to your hub. That should solve it.

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Uh oh yours is PMSing too huh? jeez...what is up with comptures these days? lol

11. Luciendasky profile image70

thanks for the suggestions. big_smile

12. Shirley Anderson profile image82
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

That happens to me everytime I've copied and pasted from Word, so I just write directly into a text capsule, usually on the fly.  Not a great way to do it I guess but it's what I do now. 

I have a low frustration level.  :}

13. profile image0
    ralwusposted 8 years ago

Mine has done that, but it has always worked out by the time I saved it and then published. Not to worry.

14. spirituality profile image61
    spiritualityposted 7 years ago

I'd go with the post to a text editor method, but I write online myself. With firefox you can get on the fly spell check, so I don't see why I should start with word.

15. JulietduPreez profile image69
    JulietduPreezposted 7 years ago

mmm, I've never had that and I'm the one who ALWAYS has the problems. I must be losing my touch wink
    Probably the notepad idea is the best.
    Which version of Word are you using? Maybe the latest one has something fixed!

working