This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do people copy other peoples articles/ideas on here a lot?

1. Looarah profile image54
    Looarahposted 7 years ago

Do people copy other peoples articles/ideas on here a lot?

I'm new, I've written two litte hubs to get into the swing of things then just now I come on and see a VERY similar hub to the one I wrote two days ago... is this common? Just wondering!! smile

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

You need to contact staff about this if you think that you've been copied.  You might need to find out about the other hubs original publication date though - it "could" be before your hub's date.

The staff here isn't going to be supportive of a "author" that copies another, and I promise you that.

3. Looarah profile image54
    Looarahposted 7 years ago

It's not like they copied me verbatim though, I'm probably being OTT, I don't mind people writing things about the same subject... that's obviously going to happen, but it had nearly the same title and they used the same analogy in the intro :\

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I think it is common and not necessarily copying ideas.  It is entirely possible with the number of people on here that they just may have the same or similar idea.   I wrote a Hub on saving money, all my own idea and written without seeing anyone else's Hubs on the subject and I see all kinds of similar Hubs on the same subject.

Whose Hub was published first?  I think given that the same analogy was used, I would contact admin just to be safe.

5. stuff4you profile image64
    stuff4youposted 7 years ago

everyone copies ideas up to a point.

it would be necessary to spin an article you copy before submitting it so that its not detected as a copy.

that being said, I highly recommend people don't copy other hubs or any articles but rather, try to just be inspired by them if possible

working