How do you people write so many hubs? + A hubber might be MIA!

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (50 posts)
  1. Dan W Miller profile image73
    Dan W Millerposted 7 years ago

I have created a pitiful 29 hubs in four years. But I'm a lot more active on facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Search. You people MUST LIVE ON HERE! How in the world do you find subjects for crying out loud? You must be just writing for writing sake.
    In order to write something, I have to FEEL IT, to be inspired.  Like Hemmingway, his writing is based on his life. That's how I write. The romantic aspect of it. Not how to buy the best snow tires. I'm usually telling a story of my life experiences and most of you are just blasting out informative articles. I rarely see any human interest and stories or about your life.
    I might visit here for a few minutes every two, three weeks and usually only to check my status and stats. I'm too busy with a 50 hour a week job also.
    WHICH LEADS ME TO MY SECOND PART QUESTION -                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Noticed one hubber I follow and even her bio wasn't even about her. It was going on and on about how she loved HubPages, a few deep thoughts and that was it. How rather sad. Her life wasn't even about her but a site. Like people that have an object as their profile picture NOT ACTUALLY THEMSELVES, the person.
    I was reading that she had 740 hubs in eight years! About 90 per year! BUT she hadn't even been on the site in eight weeks. Went to her Twitter account and even though she is not really too active at all on Twitter., her last entry was December. I am concerned. Can you help to find out more details?
    Thank you.
    Which leads me to believe something has happened to our Superhubber.
    On Twitter and Hubpages she's @oceansnsunsets and goes by "'Paula."

1. Robert Sacchi profile image84
      Robert Sacchiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Actually one social media takes time from other social medias.  As you pointed out there is only so much time in a day.  The question is do you prefer reading or writing?

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have been retired for many years and have discovered that writing for HP has helped me in a great number of ways.  Fortunately for me, I found a niche that I love writing about, that helps people and also allows me to include many of my own experiences  when I write about it.  I try to keep my number of hubs under 100 so that I can manage them easily, but I do spend a great deal of time pruning them.  As a result, I have a portfolio of work that earns me some money, satisfies me, helps me and also helps others.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm a dancer.  I know quite a few dancers who only dance when they're "feeling" it.  Likewise I know many dancers who love to dance when they're "feeling" it, but they also go to work every night in a ballet company, and have to dance the same routine whether they're feelin' it or not.  Do you go and watch them and rubbish their performance because it's not "inspired"?

Artistic people of all kinds have to make a living. And frankly, often the ones who don't waft around claiming they can't possibly write/dance/sing/play without "inspiration" are far better artists, because creativity is like a muscle - you have to develop it, whether that's by physical routines for a dancer or writing about humdrum topics for a writer.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. Chriswillman90 profile image90
        Chriswillman90posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree with every point you made. Even your passion can drag sometimes, nothing is perfect. It's different if say writing is a hobby vs. a career because then you don't have to rely on it to live.

3. NateB11 profile image89
        NateB11posted 7 years agoin reply to this

+1

Dan W Millerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No. +11  you!

4. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree wholeheartedly too. I have to sit down at 8am every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and get those articles written. I may not feel like it, it often seems like a horrible, draggy chore, but I get them done. However long it takes. Sometimes they flow and other times, I have to prise every word out.

I have to find a topic, research it, write it, find images upload the whole lot, optimise for SEO and publish. Just like creating hubs.

I find the more I do... and I've been doing this for two years now... the easier it becomes. I am passionate about writing, but occasionally passion is painful.

5. Dan W Miller profile image73

SO appreciative and always baffled when someone takes the time to help me. Thank you.

6. Dan W Miller profile image73

An example is my hub How To Resolve A Basic Misunderstanding. I hate it. It reads more like a gossip article. Yet it's rated one of my highest by the HubPages Star Chamber.  Who buys gossip rags more often? 
        (drops mic, exits stage left) >>>>>>

4. WordCrafter09 profile image66
      WordCrafter09posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Just because someone has Hubs about HubPages doesn't have to mean it's "sad".  The user you have in mind may be doing something like switching user names or where she posts.  I have my other account that's over eight years old now, and as part of switching from the pen name but also not wanting to delete SOME Hubs for some reason or other; I just left the account with a bunch of Hubs about HubPages (so, regardless of what's featured, deleted, or whatever) at least there's something for someone on HP to read if they run into the profile).  It was just my way of kind of updating the profile with something that wasn't headed for deletion or major change of some kind. 

Nothing sad about it whatsoever.  It makes good, easy-to-think-up (albeit not very interesting) neutral, non-super-horrible- writing as an "account-" or "space-" holder...

5. Kylyssa profile image91
      Kylyssaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I produce quite a bit of writing because I'm autistic and communicate mostly with the written word. I also write professionally, for therapy, and for the love of it. My hubs are barely the tip of the tip of the iceberg.

I have used content farms to place writing I wanted to share but could find no other logical place to submit or publish for about ten years.

I have zero idea of how anyone could ever run out of ideas.

1. jackclee lm profile image81
        jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I have 4 or 5 ideas in my head any given time. I could easily write a hub a day if I had more time.

1. Kylyssa profile image91

I wonder if there's any demand for books full of ideas for writers?

1. theraggededge profile image96
            theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There are a few around - try searching for 'writing prompts' on Amazon. However, there's always a market for more. I'd buy a copy from you smile

2. jackclee lm profile image81
            jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Go for it. Sounds like a great idea.
            I have a few hubs in the works right now...
            1. Green Energy Investing
            2. Significance of the Wikileaks
            3. Seattle's $15n Minimum Wage
            4. Obama's legacy in his own words
            5. Trial of 9-11 Perpetrators

6. Dan W Miller profile image73

Yes, I'm "replying" to my own post! Once again, you hubbers are AWESOME! Such an outpouring of responses. Thank you from the bottom of my inkwell.
      When I asked for help years ago how to get my score up, the advice was almost overwhelming. Now, look at all the encouragement and positive feedback!
      I've always said I've felt so humbled by the experts here like I am Lennie to your George in Steinbeck's Of Mice And Men. You all "allow me" to tag along and be part of an author's world.
      Thank you! 
      (Just hoping you don't end our relationship how THEY did.)  O_O
      DWM

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13124851_f248.jpg

7. Dan W Miller profile image73

By the way, I intend to answer each and every one of you wonderful people today, in due time.

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13124882_f248.jpg

8. Glenis Rix profile image96
      Glenis Rixposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well, I suppose the short answer is that Hub Pages isn't about writing personal blogs. If you want to read about my life it's on my blog. The Hub Page owner/staff are totally upfront about the fact that this platform is for people who have in-depth knowledge a particular subject or a  passionate interest that they want to share. Sadly, not everybody meets those criteria. But if more people hopped a few hubs now and then the lower quality articles would perhaps not be so prolific. In the final analysis - perhaps Hub Pages is for people who just enjoy writing.

9. Athlyn Green profile image84
      Athlyn Greenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's a balance between writing because you're in the groove and writing to get paid. Each person finds a slot between those two things.

With practice, you'll find that you can get in the groove, even when you didn't think you could.

A good way to do this is, when you aren't feeling it, tell yourself you will just do 10-15 minutes and if you are still struggling, will stop. This works particularly well with "snoozer" topics. With that freedom, it is amazing how one often spends far more time at it.

The great thing with this site is you can go back to a hub and keep working on it.

Consistent effort really does pay off.

2. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 7 years ago

Some of us are retired. We also have a passion about writing and communication. In my case, I feel like I have all this knowledge and wisdom and just want to share with others. I also see a lot of problems with our society and our youths.

Oh, don't doubt my passion of writing or communication. C'mon now. Have you seen my facebook page? Over 125 notes and I'm rather popular even after dropping 1100 fb friends that weren't that fun. I write every day since 2009 THERE. Plus a closed group and five pages.
      Oh, there's also two Twitter accounts with over 5,000 total followers I'm busy writing to and about.
      thx!

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image80
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

I posted much more the first two years.  Some of it was from previous work, but I just had a lot of opinions (still do!) and had a lot to say.  In the past three years it has been more of a challenge to find topics, but when I do it's as much fun as ever.  I guess that's the secret.  If it's not fun - you're going to fizzle out.  Good Luck!

And there you go. Someone along the lines I'm 'talking' about. Awesome. Thanks, K.C.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

A lot of my early hubs were  from previously  published-in-print work. I owned the rights, so I thought I might as well let them keep earning...
    I love human interest and experience articles, but some people are really trying to earn with their writing and put up stuff that people are looking for, so we get " how to choose a new refrigerator" hubs and that is fine. Hubpages may not be a literary showplace, but it serves many needs and purposes.
    As for your missing person... don't know.

Thanks "Rochy!"  Yes and I have done the same with the many facebook notes I have written over the years and combined notes together to form a longer hub many times. I DO understand (NOW thanks to you wonderful authors) the reason for less human interest stories to the point of beginning many of my articles, "How To... " (Gotcha HubPages!)

5. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 7 years ago

Dan, I have been here almost seven years and have written 260 hubs. I think I wrote four of those in the first two years, then caught the writing bug once people actually started reading and commenting on what I wrote. I don't write "how to" articles, and many ARE about my life (check my Diary of a Cackleberry Farmer series for instance). Even a lot of my poetry is based on experiences I have had in life, or things I am passionate about. I have another Multi-author website for creative writing that keeps me busy as well, and do freelance writing, but I am retired so that helps.
    I know a number of hubbers that have in excess of 2000 hubs and many of good quality. I do spend very little time on facebook, Twitter and Google+ however, as I find this a much better place to write and interact.

Dearest Idol (I love to call you that because YOU ARE so humble and I actually sincerely mean it. I imagine you squinting with a smile when I tell you of my uber-respect I have for you, John.) wait. Uber-respect? Well, anyway. I just invented a word.
      Here's a man who doesn't have a care. He is going to be his own man no matter what the world says because in his heart he knows it's right (and so does the good of this world. )
      I publicly chastise and belittle facebook and Twitter for the brainless matter that is published and then end up lowering myself to that level hopefully to get followers who are doing the same as I.  I just want a following THEN who can observe the cerebral aspects of my personality and writing ... and I of theirs.
      Oh, I have some VERY interesting and intelligent people as facebook friends and media followers. Then we talk or write OFFline or in private.
      J, I read your responses many times over to learn how to be close to the person I want to be like when I retire. I am 58 this year.

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13124888_f248.jpg

1. Jodah profile image91
        Jodahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Uber-respect"? I think "Uber" is like a taxi company without the regulations, smile anyway I like the term. Not so comfortable with the "idol" status as they often come crashing down when they can't live up to people's expectations. Anyway, thanks for holding me and my advice in such high esteem. Good luck with your future hubs. Dan, I hope you becom as popular here as you are on Facebook and Twitter.

(speechless)
          "TAXI! Take me to AussieLand. I have a friend waiting for me there. Damn the sea, man! Just GO!"

6. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 7 years ago

I wrote a few in my first couple of years but wasn't really motivated as I was concentrating on Squidoo. Then out of the blue, I received a payment from HP. While mooching around my dashboard, I noticed a new button: Apprentice Program or something like that.

I applied to join and then things took off. We had to produce four hubs a week, had loads of support from other apprentices and the hub team. I think it was for six months, but not sure.

Fast forward a year or two. I was thoroughly disheartened because hub after hub was being copied and published elsewhere. I tried to fight it for a while but it's still happening. So I stopped writing hubs. However, things are looking up. Now some of my hubs have moved to the niche sites, I may start again.

Meanwhile, I blog on my own site and write three 1000 word articles per week for two other sites (spiritual/tarot/psychic/self-help). Without fail. When you write day in day out, it becomes easier. The ideas keep flowing, so there's always something to say.

Not writing for writing's sake, but to supplement the family income and feed my six dogs smile Now I have to go finish a bookkeeping job that's due in today. It never stops smile

Edit: By the way, this might explain your second question http://hubpages.com/family/A-Sudden-Emp … -This-Year

7. EricDockett profile image97
    EricDockettposted 7 years ago

People have different perceptions of HubPages, and even as strict as things have gotten the site still manages to cater to a wide range of writers with a wide range of goals. If you want to write to express yourself, you can. If you want to write to earn extra income, you can. People run into trouble when they think they can do both at the same time. I'm a bit of a Hemingway fan myself. When I want to get into that kind of creative writing, I don't do it here.

A well-written, informative and helpful article about choosing the best snow tires has the potential to get more traffic and earn far more than blathering on about life experiences and emotions, etc, unless you can tie it in to something somebody else would care about. People need to buy snow tires, and they need advice from someone who knows what they are talking about. They don't care about or need to know about me, my life, or that one time when I was working with a band of resistance fighters in the Spanish Civil War and everything went to pot.

If you find value in HubPages (I do) you will find the time to build up a portfolio of work here. If you don't, then I agree, you're better off doing something else.

8. NateB11 profile image89
    NateB11posted 7 years ago

I wrote a lot when I first started, drew inspiration from things I knew about and was very interested in so I had a lot to draw from. Though I haven't written that many Hubs comparatively, maybe a few hundred if you count Hubs on a couple other accounts and some that I've moved and/or deleted--and I've been here more than four years.I have a lot to draw from on certain subjects, because I've been studying them for decades and I have a strong interest in those subjects.

Outside of that, if you find research fun you can end up writing a decent number of Hubs.

As far as time goes, though I'm busy, I'm also mostly house-bound because I've been taking care of my aged mother for several years.

There he is. Another one of my true mentors whom I'll cherish forever looking out for me.  "Eleven," you are SUCH DA MAN and a hero to your Mother also!
      Thank you.

9. julieann26 profile image84
    julieann26posted 7 years ago

When I first started, I was writing one Hub per week but due to time, it is now to one article per fortnight.

I have written 26 Hubs over the last 7 months.

10. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 7 years ago

Hi Dan. I may not have a solution to your question but I definitely feel you. I often wonder how people find the time and dedication. I used to write a lot more when I had the time. I actually feel awful about not writing as much and miss the frenzy of putting out 2 articles a month. In about 4 years, I've completed 83 hubs, most of which were in my first 2 years. Most of my topics are about my passions, what I do for a living, and my areas of expertise. I used to ask myself, "What if I run out of ideas?" I still wonder if I can reach 100 hubs. smile

When I started in the summer of 2012, I had just "semi-retired" from my full-time job to expand my private practice. I joined HP to supplement my income. I had only a few private clients and plenty of time to write. Over the last 2 years, the business has grown and takes a lot (no, most) of my time and energy. I used to be able to write hubs at 2 am but not anymore! I've also had several family tragedies and deaths, as well as church obligations that have slowed me down. So, my priorities have changed greatly, keeping me away from writing at HP.

All of us have different reasons for being here and different priorities in our lives that dictate how much we give to online writing. For some, it's to make a living. For others, it's a way of life. On a deeper level, we all ultimately have a choice as to what's important to us and will find a way to make it happen or not.

Ironically, I'm going to come back to you to further share thoughts with because... SOMETHING HAS COME UP. - LIFE! But I DO feel you too and I can see why you might also with me as I read your bio -  "... spiritual expression by which she connects to the innerworld of humanity." THAT is something I'd like to hear more from you. I also noticed I was already following you. But of course!

11. Shorebirdie profile image73
    Shorebirdieposted 7 years ago

I have only a handful of hubs, too and most of those on this account were written on Squidoo. I have a few more on my other account. I've moved on to other writing jobs, but still come back here because I have one or two hubs that make me good money. I may write more when I'm having a slow day, but I don't know.

12. earner profile image81
    earnerposted 7 years ago

I write in bursts .... I wrote nothing for about 15-18 months, then the other week I wrote three in one day, then one the following day - although I'd been reading/researching that material for the previous 2-3 weeks, so decided that as it was all in my head I might as well commit some to a handful of hubs.

In the main I write straight out of my head, when I feel motivated.  I will have a few ideas .... write .... then nothing.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
      Jean Bakulaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I always wanted to write, but never had the chance that often. Then I had spare time, and began taking metaphysical topic classes. I always loved Astrology, and then I was meditating, learning about crystals and auras, and I was so into it all I was writing about 3 hubs a week my first year. I also read about 3 books a week, and wrote a few book reviews, but they didn't do as well.

Now I don't write much, the money I make is on hubs I wrote 4 or 5 years ago. It's like a gift. I add one every now and then, and if the niche sites do well, have other material from other sites that I took down and will put it here.

Plus I always find new interests, so have new things to write about. I always wrote evergreen things as well, holiday pieces only do well once a year. Think about it, you have to be interested enough in something to want to learn more about it. Research it, and write about it. It does take time to put up a hub, find the pictures, and all that, it takes me about two hours or so to post it, but I do spend at least a day or two writing a hub. But I work from home.

You can do it. Try writing one a week, they add up. Good luck.

13. Dan W Miller profile image73
    Dan W Millerposted 7 years ago

OH, and by the way. Quit having a woman read my articles about (for the most part obviously) a MAN'S SUBJECT! Stop reading my sports stories or Father-Son hubs, lady HubPages Star Chamber scorers! Because you might have no idea how to grade it. In fact, from now on, have a MAN read my hubs. OK? Not an uber-religious woman who freaks out if the word "ass" or "damn" is in it AND on a subject she knows nothing about!
    http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13154052_f1024.jpg

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Rubbish.   Censorship of "rude" words on HubPages has nothing to do with whether a man or woman reads your Hubs.  It's all about the rules set by Adsense.   

I suggest you go and read them.

Ugh. I loathe "by the book people." So boring. So structured, No room for society's unconventional non-conventional to broaden the thinking of our world. That's where Einstein culled his knowledge. Thinking differently then coming back to the most simplistic of thoughts THEN combining the two.
        I was ex-military and there's only one way to do it - THEIR WAY. Luckily, I was in the medical corps so we complied but then added our necessary touches and fortunately since "our way" involved saving lives we were allowed to do that.
        I appreciate your time and insightful thoughts. However, my point might be missed by just applying the universal way of men's thinking (for the most part) and most women's thinking and likes (ditto.) And please, don't go the ridiculous route of, "Well, who's to say what men and women want, think, blah, blah. " I wasn't born yesterday, have been around and ANYONE'S life experiences will tell us these truths (at least percentage wise and that's a safe... O.K. ... yes... assumption.)
        Kind of like a boxing match. More men will attend it and a knitting circle, more women will attend that.
        Also, one last bit of philosophy that should never be forgotten and always kept  in, at least, the back of everyone's minds lest ye feel one is SUPPOSED to exist in the outside world with a scarf hiding one's face because SOMEONE tells you to do so. -  F%#& THE RULES!
        Thank you. 

In conclusion I really don't appreciate the condescending manner in which you start off by cursing at me (I did NOT deserve that one bit.) Oh, I can take it ("like a man?") but prefer not to, thank you.
        Then the belittling last sentence which, to me, sounds like someone trying to act superior to another comparable to a schoolmarm, administrator or cop.
        I SUGGEST YOU take note in your next social media "give and take."
        Your's, towards me would be a TAKE THIS down your throat suggestion. Not appreciative of it at all BECAUSE I READ THE (DAMN THE ) RULES ALREADY and still don't like them and enjoy bending and testing... "the rules."

2. Dan W Miller profile image73

You missed my main point. The Mars-Venus thing. "Wrighty." So much more encompassing than just curse words.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

No, I didn't miss your point Dazza.  I got the point, I'm just saying it's irrelevant to the moderation issue you raised. 

Whoever runs Google Adsense is a prude.  Their rules about prohibited words are ridiculous.  But HubPages relies on Adsense for the great majority of its income, so it has to buckle down and obey those rules.  Other sites have lost their Adsense account by allowing members to push the boundaries, and that's been the end of those sites. It's as simple as that.

Ooh, There's that word - obey. AAGH!! Oh, being a baseball player (well, OK EX) I LOVE nicknames. Got to admit, never been called Dazza. Slim, Stretch, Big D, Peach Head (never mind), 'Zac (as in Prozac. Never mind that one, either), Bremite, The Vanilla Godzilla, 'zill, Van Zill and Horse (you MAY ask about that one, however.)
            You're SO learned, 'isa. Which is VERY appealing "in my book." By the way, WHO'S USING "MY BOOK" TO PROP UP THIS TABLE? How DARE you!
            thx

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13158683_f248.jpg

2. Kylyssa profile image91

It may not be an issue of forbidden language, but an issue of non-native English users trying to understand humor, sarcasm, or satire if you're just getting low scores rather than having your hubs un-featured. I noticed quite some time back that I'd best not edit my humor, satire, or science fiction hubs in the evening or their scores may come back from QAP much lower than they had been before the edits. Scores on my hubs almost always rise significantly every time they go through QAP during the daytime.

Your particular Amazon Turkers might not have a nuanced enough understanding of English to allow them to understand unconventional, but correct and meaningful sentences as such. Or you might be using cultural references that read like gibberish to people who don't know anything about that aspect of your culture. Or they might not have learned all the specialized English words used in description of a particular sport.

Anyway, you get the picture. Change a few words and hit publish before suppertime.

Now this, THIS bit of advice I can apply and put to good use! Thank you, oh mentor of mine. Thank you! That's what I love about the authors here. So helpful, so insightful and so willing to share their superior knowledge on the subject of the written word.
        I remember a "HubPages Star Chamber" administrator writing that my grammar and spelling needed shoring up. I explained I didn't want to "sound" like an 8th grader writing a book report and was opting for a real live person speaking.
        One can see this approach used by the great Mark Twain when characters interact and think even. At times it's almost difficult to understand the accent of an American southern-raised person.
        You're a gem, "Ky!"

14. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

You're talking to an Aussie so Dazza you are.

Bottom line - if you want to write on someone else's site, you obey their rules. You want freedom, write on your own site.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)