jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the correct URL for new hubbers to us when applying for Adsense?

1. JLPeterson profile image87
    JLPetersonposted 6 years ago

What is the correct URL for new hubbers to us when applying for Adsense?

My adsense has been set up for a  long time, so I forget the answer, but my sister recently starting writing for HubPages and she keeps getting declined from Google Adsense...she originally put her profile URL in the spot where it asks for it.  Was that wrong?

2. I Am Rosa profile image89
    I Am Rosaposted 6 years ago

I wasn't sure either, so I just listed http://www.hubpages.com on my application and it worked.

You can apply directly from the Hub Pages Affiliate Settings:

My account ---> Earnings --> Affiliate Settings: GoogleAdsense --> Set Up.

It will ask: "Do you already have a Google AdSense account?"  If you answer, "no" it will bring up an application with some of information already filled in (ie. the URL for Hub Pages).

It might be easier to do it this way than through Google because I found the application process there glitchy.  It kept telling me that someone already had an account with my email address - yes, ME!  I have a Google account with other apps. and for some reason Google wouldn't let me use it for Adsense even though I was signed in when I started the application.  Weird!

In Google help forums, I found that it was a HUGE problem with a lot of people and the viable solution offered by other users was to create a whole new Google account with a different email address solely for use with Adsense.

Sooooo, yeah.  Try applying through Hub Pages first :-)

3. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

I'm curious...did your sister ever get her Adsense account approved. After waiting a week and it saying I was rejected, I resubmited now that I have more hubs and my scores are rising. Do I just keep resubmitting until they accept my application?
    OR, are you saying I should use http://www.hubpages.com instead of my subdomain: victorialynn.hubpages.com????? Thanks for any info you can give!

4. JLPeterson profile image87
    JLPetersonposted 6 years ago

I am Rosa....she did submit through Hubpages, but i think she already had a google account..maybe that's the trick.  I'll let her know to try the Hub Pages URL, not her profile URL

Victoria, I don't think my sister has resolved this yet..I don't understand why this is so difficult...every other writing site makes it an automatic thing.  So frustrating!  I gave up on eBay because of how impossible it was.

And as far as what URL to use...I'm still not 100% sure of the answer, but look at I am Rosa's answer.  I wonder why this isn't explained to us so we don't make a mistake on it?  grrr

working