jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best way to entice people to rate my hubs?

1. KMattox profile image59
    KMattoxposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to entice people to rate my hubs?

What is the best way to entice people to rate my hubs? I have plenty of visitors but they are not rating them good or bad, and are not telling me what they think. I just want to improve the hub if necessary. I have even provided polls on some hubs to help out. What else can I do?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

You should comment more people's hubs.  When you comment other persons hubs in a positive or useful manner - they tend to take the time to comment and rate your hubs.

I basically rate up every hub that I comment.  If I didn't comment on one - then I definitely either didn't read it, or rated it down. . .of course some times I've no idea what's being talked about. . .and those are just skipped.

3. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 6 years ago

I agree - read hubs and follow people. they will follow back. Just make sure you do it naturally.
    read a hub I wrote called How New Hubbers Ruin Their Hubscore

4. HERBCYCLOPEDIA profile image58
    HERBCYCLOPEDIAposted 6 years ago

@ Westman and Peter: Fully agree with both of you, I hate to see comments like:

Good article, nice HUB, well done and so on. Those comments are not giving any added value if they don't mention why are they thinking the HUB is good or bad, a critical comment is of much more value and will give the Hubber the chance to improve.

I recently added a couple of critics on two HUB's just because I thought the subject deserved a better in depth view and because they writer forgot a couple of important issues, critics which were of course aimed to improve the reader's experience.

5. KMattox profile image59
    KMattoxposted 6 years ago

I agree with all three of you and I do these things often. I make sure to go hub hopping also. I leave relevant comments where appropriate. Make suggestions where necessary and follow people who write well. I ask and answer questions, and rate all the hubs I visit. Those are the issues that caused me to ask the question.

6. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Simple -- ask them. I find that it's most effective if you have a specific question that you'd like people to answer, and let them know that you really value their feedback. Especially if someone is hopping or something, it's a toss-up whether they'll actually post a comment. However, if they really enjoy a hub AND the author has asked for their input, there's a pretty good chance they'll go ahead and leave a useful comment.