jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

What do I need to do to improve my Hub?

1. Barb on the Go profile image56
    Barb on the Goposted 8 years ago

Another hubber suggested that I take my first (and only) Hub to the Extreme Hub Makeover for suggestions and/or criticism. Here is the url: 
    I really want your input. Thank you, Barbara

2. relache profile image84
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I find that effective Hubs have a wide variety of content and resources, not just a huge passage of text (which is really more like a blog).

Barb on the Goposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I agree with what you're saying, although I didn't think about that when I wrote it.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 8 years ago

Good information and very well written. However, you should add in some pictures or videos or something to make it more visually appealing. You might also want to split up the text into several text capsules to allow for additional placement of Adsense ads.

You need more tags, and more focused tags as well. 'Home schooling', 'home school', etc. You should try to have, I think, at least 10 relevant tags on there.

And for the next go-around, shorten up your URL. It doesn't have to be the exact title of your article. You can't change it now, but this one could have been simply http://hubpages.com/hub/transition-from-home-schooling or something very simple.

Well done though!

Thank you. Those are very specific suggestions that I will certainly take a look at. I did not know anything about setting up the url so I will certainly shorten it up the next time!--Barbara

4. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Nice Hub. Its very practical.

Irohner and Relache have given you good advice. Experiment with inserting a picture on your next Hub.

Enjoy HP. smile

Thank you. I will look for a picture!

5. O B One profile image58
    O B Oneposted 8 years ago

hello barb,

I went to your blog and find it very good.If you can weave the same on hubs I think you will do great

Thank you for taking a look at the hub, however, I am not sure what you mean by "weave the same on hubs." Can you clarify for me?

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think she means doing a series on the same topic of homeschooling and linking them altogether.

Thanks, That makes sense.

working