jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is a hubscore of 88 in 11 days okay? Or does it mean I've a lot of work to do?

1. The Gift of Pen profile image61
    The Gift of Penposted 6 years ago

Is a hubscore of 88 in 11 days okay? Or does it mean I've a lot of work to do?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

You're author's score is going to forever be going up and then down. . . then up and then down.

Don't think about it much.  All you should do is think about writing your next hub, and about commenting the other hubs that you like, and also about which other websites you want to share your hubs on.

Yesterday my author score was down to 90 - tomorrow it might be 97. . .or 85.  Who cares?

Try to write the best hubs that you can about the things that you know the most about - and eventually you'll win.

3. profile image0
    michaelbt2posted 6 years ago

I think the Author Score is only important if you are trying to be in the approved backlink mix. I think you have to have at least a 75 to have a "Follow" on your articles rather than a "NoFollow."

I removed all of my Hubs several months ago and my score went to zero. Just in the last month I've posted 50 hubs and my score hasn't gone above 65 and I continually receive traffic. The score, in my mind, is useless.

You're doing find though. If you like writing, just write.

4. QudsiaP1 profile image60
    QudsiaP1posted 6 years ago

That is great progress TGoP.

Your hubscore depends on your activity in the community, may it be publishing, hub hopping, commenting, asking questions, answering questions or visiting the forums.

5. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 6 years ago

That's great. Most hubbers that have been here for months, even years, don't have a score of 88. But honestly, like the other user said before me, don't think about it too much. It doesn't effect your views, your followers or your earnings.

6. LegendaryN8 profile image59
    LegendaryN8posted 6 years ago

Other than demonstrating your activity and, to some extent, your writing originality, the score won't really give an indicator of your progress.

Your score will go up if people up-vote your comments.  It will go down if you are inactive for greater than a day.  Just like it will go up if you post an original hub that generates some volume, or a bad hub that has no original (or perhaps even advertising) content.

7. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

88 is quite good for such a short period of time.  It took me about 5 months to get to that level.

8. Jennie Demario profile image39
    Jennie Demarioposted 6 years ago

The scores bounce around like crazy but 88 in 11 days is a great start.  Maybe you're on your way to 100!  Just keep writing and staying active among the different sections of hub pages (forums, comments, answers, etc..) and everything will fall into place.

working