jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why have people deleted their whole content?

1. Ddraigcoch profile image81
    Ddraigcochposted 6 years ago

Why have people deleted their whole content?

I have noticed that older users from a couple of years back have deleted their whole content. Why? Hubpages is a great site, not dodgy at all. I don't understand why.

2. .josh. profile image61
    .josh.posted 6 years ago

If I had to guess, I'd say they probably took their work to a different site. I know that with HubPages, you always own your work, so if you remove it here, you can place it elsewhere.

Perhaps these are people not happy with the changes post-Panda?

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

NO - I think what you are seeing are hubs that were flagged by the new content standards. . . .and the author refused to change the content.

I'm thinking of hubs by Misha, mostly - I'm pretty sure he just said, you know "eff that - I ain't changing it."

4. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 6 years ago

My guess would be that they wanted to leave HubPages. It is much easier to delete your whole content and simply leave your account deserted than officially deleting your account, which requires you to send the HubPages team an e-mail explaining that you want your account to be officially deleted.

5. FloraBreenRobison profile image58
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I agree with what everyone said here as I know that  there are a lot of reasons why someone might leave. Another problem people are having is that they are unhappy with the duplicate content issue which doesn't seem to take into account when an article was published. There are quite a few hubbers who have seen their work copied word for word on  other sites and then they get flagged on a hub that has existed for ages as being duplicate content-even though the original article was theirs, not the plagerizer. This has happened to Bobbirant, for example, quite a lot.

6. Ddraigcoch profile image81
    Ddraigcochposted 6 years ago

Flora. From what I have seen and read and the fact that these people did this nearly two years ago( can tell from comments), your answer is the most viable and most likely. Thank you to others that have answered and helped. It is a bit scary that a plagiarist can do that and reap the rewards from your hard efforts.

working