jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How do I cite my sources for hubs I research?

1. Recipe Gal profile image69
    Recipe Galposted 6 years ago

How do I cite my sources for hubs I research?

I would love to write some hubs that would require me to do a little bit of research.  How do I go about citing my sources?  In college I always used MLA style in-text citations and a works cited page.  That doesn't seem like it would work for hub pages though. 

Also, is there anything different about writing a researched hub (for profit) and a research paper (not for profit)?  Can you still quote and paraphrase your appropriately cited sources?

2. Victoria Lynn profile image92
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

Good question. I had wondered about that, too. I'll wait with you for the answer!

3. Dallas Matier profile image85
    Dallas Matierposted 6 years ago

I imagine working links to your sources into the article you're writing would be all you'd need, really. Though, I'm hardly any sort of authority on this sort of thing, either.

4. theseattlegirl profile image88
    theseattlegirlposted 6 years ago

May I recommend Turabian? Your toolbar allows you to put superscript numbers, then you can create a textbox at the very bottom where you cite the source next to the relevant number.

I suspect that a Works Consulted would be sufficient, but if you're actually pulling quotes, then Turabian would be the best way to go.

1. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
      Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Never heard of that - will have to look it up!

5. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

I have wondered the same. I am used to more formal writing with citations and editors to review all my work. Thanks for raising this question. What I have seen and done is just using hyperlinks to directly cite the source within the text of the article, but I really wish I had editorial assistance with this! Never loved editors (they can be a pain in the neck sometimes), but honestly, now I miss them!