jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does a person have to be 18 years old to write on hubpages or can a writer be yo

1. mikielikie profile image67
    mikielikieposted 6 years ago

Does a person have to be 18 years old to write on hubpages or can a writer be younger  than that?

my daughter wants to write but she is 12 years old.

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image61
    Hestia DeVotoposted 6 years ago

The terms of service and the FAQ will both provide you with an answer.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

You have to be over 18 to have an account with Hubpages.

4. iviskei profile image72
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

According to the Terms of Service, you do. I think this is mostly to keep kids safe in case there is adult content that manages to weed it's way into hubpages. Another reason could be that adsense and whatnot requires a certain age before she can sign up. These are really just guesses on my part.

However, there are other places where she can place her writing. Schools often publish or share childrens writings, and so do magazines for the younger population. If you want you can help her set up a blog (livejournal or the likes) or a facebook page where she can share with her friends. Of course...I believe those places have age terms too, but they are hardly checked. Or you can help her build a portfolio for when she is of age. ^_^

Anyhow, even if she can't post here, there are other places more kid friendly. If she has anything written already, I'd be happy to read it. ^^

Hope this helps! Good luck to your daughter!

working