jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How come traffic increases whenever I edit an existing hub? What is the explanat

1. seriousnuts profile image70
    seriousnutsposted 6 years ago

How come traffic increases whenever I edit an existing hub? What is the explanation behind this?

Even if I just edited the title of an old hub, traffic views to that particular hub would increase noticeably.

2. allmytricks profile image59
    allmytricksposted 6 years ago

That is because hub don't get indexed as other like other website posts. See the example, http://how-to-blogger-blog.blogspot.com … indow.html
    While, on hubpages they look like this one below.
    http://allmytricks.hubpages.com/hub/Get … s-Easy-way

It's because the hub you write get indexed at hubpages first and then at search engines. So, if you edit the hub your suggested tags get refreshed. The tags you select are for search engines, while all suggested and selected tags are being used by hubpages throughout it's related posts widget.

Also, you can try this trick, if you find it hard to believe that your hubs are being indexed at hubpages. You see my hub's link above. Now open your browser and paste the link into your browsers link bar WITHOUT "allmytricks." Then, watch that you are again at my hub :-O.... Funny huh? wink

3. ktrapp profile image96
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

Allmytricks - If I put your url in a browser without allmytricks. , I get "page does not exist." I am curious as to the explanation for increased traffic to edited hubs, as well.

4. lovebuglena profile image88
    lovebuglenaposted 5 years ago

The URL allmytricks posted here might not be the full URL or the hub might have been deleted. I tried doing that with one of my hubs and yes even if the username is removed from the hub URL the hub still loads.

I think when you edit your hub (even if just a title or a word, etc) the search engines might see it as a fresh hub with newly added content. Plus, and I am not 100% sure on this but I think your edited hub (no matter when it was originally published) might show up in the hubpages news feed so people will see it and might go and read it.

I also think that regardless of the reason for increased hub traffic on edited hubs, it is great that the traffic does increase especially if you have an AdSense account and are part of the hubpages AD program.