jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you flag or hub hop? I see so many very promotional hubs

1. danielleantosz profile image74
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

Do you flag or hub hop?  I see so many very promotional hubs

I like hopping because it let me see hubs I might have missed otherwise. I have seen so many "purely promotional hubs" (I am not talking about product reviews, either) How to you feel about flagging hubs?

2. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 6 years ago

I think it is important to flag hubs that are overly promotional.  They lower the quality and undermine the reputation of Hub Pages which in turn harms the entire community. 
    Most overly promotional hubs only have a few pages anyway, they are not a part of the community in any way shape or form.  They are just using HubPages to gain higher SEO ranking. 
    I also hub hop though I do not have as much time to read all the hubs i would like as I use to.

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

I completely agree with John B Badd. If we want HubPages to have a good reputation, it's our duty to flag those kinds of hubs, along with hubs of low quality.

4. renegadetory profile image98
    renegadetoryposted 6 years ago

When I have the time I do like to hop... and yes, many of the hubs I look at are just pure advertisement and some are poorly written or overly promotional.

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I have a couple of topics that are more near and dear to my heart, and I tend to keep an eye on those, flagging not only substandard quality or overly-promotional things but also making sure hubs in those topics are categorized properly. 

It's less overwhelming that way (instead of trying to grasp the entire site) and because it's on topics I have strong knowledge of and interest in, it makes it easy to do regularly.