jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

When I go to "My Account" why is there a capital "A" after all of my Hubs? What

1. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

When I go to "My Account" why is there a capital "A" after all of my Hubs? What does this mean?

2. lockgirl profile image61
    lockgirlposted 6 years ago

This means that your hub is missing a summary.

3. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

to correct just edit the hub and under the tag section you will see a tab for summary.  Summaries are important for search engine traffic and readers outside of hub pages.

4. agvulpes profile image88
    agvulpesposted 6 years ago

The explanation is now included in the Legend at the bottom of our 'My Hub Statistics' page!
    As lockgirl says 'A = missing summary' :-)

5. seicheprey profile image59
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

Yeah, a new thing I guess, J.S., we have to write summaries, and that's pretty lame.  If we don't HP'll auto-generate one for us.

6. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

I usually just copy and paste the first few sentences of my hub as they are usually written as an introduction. If it's a poem, it's a bit harder, but I just summarize in a couple of sentences.

7. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 6 years ago

Wowee!  Thanks for the heads up, everyone!  What a pain this is going to be, but I finished one of my summaries with 60 to go.  Something learn to new, I guess.

8. dredcuan profile image69
    dredcuanposted 6 years ago

All my hubs appeared to have all "A" at the end of the each title.  I have no other choice but to edit all my hubs.  Luckily, I'm pretty new here so I only have few hubs to edit lol  But I'm not really sure if the summary needs to be unique as noted there or can get the first few lines of the hub content itself???

9. thranax profile image52
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

The "A" after your hubs mean there missing a summary. This summary can be unique or just a copy+paste of 2-3 lines from the hub. When the "A" is on your hub it means search engines summarize it for you (randomly collected sentences) This sucks because the bot normally doesnt put what you want people to read.

I even forgot to make a summary on many of my hubs, and now that I edited them im getting more traffic. This is due to the fact people searching for what you wrote about now get an idea if they want to read more or not. The title is important for indexing but the summary is important for people to decide if they want to click on that title or not.

I strongly recommend to make a summary for each hub! Sometimes you could get more pageviews just buy changing the summary from time to time to see what works best for a month on each hub. Its like tuning the title.

Hope this fully clears it up,

Closed to reply