Is this legit ? can you make money off of it just from writing a blog?

1. ftahnee profile image57
    ftahneeposted 6 years ago

Is this legit ?  can you make money off of it just from writing a blog?

2. PaulPd0 profile image84
    PaulPd0posted 6 years ago

It sure is...But, then again, Mcdonalds makes millions off cheeseburgers yet a small restaurant owner might go bankrupt doing the same thing.

I've got a bunch of hubs geared towards informing hubbers of exactly what it is they are doing (if focused on the financial aspect), and what you can do to actually make some money. Take a look if you like

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago

Yes you can make money from writing here, but I hate the term 'a blog' as this always sounds to me like people are expecting to make money from writing a daily diary of their life on a website. The key to making money here is by writing good quality,original and informative content, well laid out, good spelling etc. Take a look at articles written by Hubbers with an author score of 90 or more, and this will generally give you a good idea of what kind of content works.

Additionally you will need to do research into keywords and backlinking if you want your articles to be read by people online. Good content alone simply isn't enough thesedays, you need to do background work that will lead readers from outside of Hubpages to your articles, as well as providing your articles with credibility in Google's eyes. You may well find out you spend more time backlinking to your articles than you actually spend on writing articles.

If you put in this work and are willing to be patient for around 6 months before expecting to see any income, then yes, you can make money.

working