jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Why are you here- to monetize yourself or to become a popular writer?

1. anupma profile image79
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

Why are you here- to monetize yourself or to become a popular writer?

2. SlyMJ profile image60
    SlyMJposted 6 years ago

Neither, though both would be nice. Reasons: 1) a home for an otherwise stray set of articles (I don't want to blog) 2) Because it eggs me on to write even more stray and otherwise homeless articles 3) To keep up-to-date with developments like Hubpages and online ads 4) Because it's actually fun finding appropriate things for sale to go with each subject

3. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 6 years ago

I am here to satisfy my dreams of writing. I want to be able to communicate with an audience that can share the same dreams, and articles that I write. I want to share the joy of my writing with others so they too, can see my dreams of writing come alive. I hope someday my writing skills will give me that popular writing ability.

4. dagny roth profile image78
    dagny rothposted 6 years ago

Yes and Yes!!  I mean why not.  It is tricky however...at times I find myself writing on perhaps banal, mundane topics I would not have otherwise chosen.  That being said...my ultimate goal is to make a living as a freelance writer so I may have to supplement my creative, fictional side with the condiments ad sense enjoys! :-)

5. K. Burns Darling profile image82
    K. Burns Darlingposted 6 years ago

Neither.  It would be great to achieve either of these, but the reason I am here is to write.  I have been writing since I was old enough to hold on to a pencil, and writing is my outlet, my therapy, and my passion.  Hub Pages has a great community of other writers  from all walks of life, at all levels of experience, who make it very easy to share your writing and not feel as though you are being judged.  I publish here because of that.  I do work on other projects that help to supplement my family income, but what I write and publish on Hub Pages, is for that is all about me and writing.

6. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

I am here for both. I signed up because I thought I would be making extra cash each month, then I realized it wasn't happening so I continued for the love.

I lost my job recently so I decided I would make something of this and try to earn from it. I also use my hubs to promote myself on Elance. Whenever a client from Elance views one of my hubs I am 80% sure they will hire me.

Whenever I apply for any online writing position I feel confident putting a link from one of my hubs on the application.

7. trecords0 profile image59
    trecords0posted 6 years ago

I am here for both, I mean, why not?  It's a bonus that you can make some money by doing something you would be doing anyway.

8. cyoung35 profile image87
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

If you want the honest answer, I'm here to monetize myself and hopefully help some people find out something about a topic they didn't know. Hubpages is a business to make money and to help authors get known. It's also a site for some great information that you won't find anywhere else. I beleive some people are here to express themselves and become popular but I'm sure a majority are here to monetize themselves.

9. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

I'd say a little of both, I really enjoy writing for sure but it is nice to get paid to do it to rationalize the amount of time put into it.

10. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 6 years ago

I'm here for both. I like money. I would love to make a fortune, but if I get famous in the meantime, then so be it! tongue