Is there a writing formula to making a successful hub!?

1. drspaniel profile image90
    drspanielposted 6 years ago

Is there a writing formula to making a successful hub!?

Any suggestions would be great and fully appreciated.

2. waynet profile image74
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Yes I believe there is....the formula is a specific one with ingredients of Dragons breath and the testicals of a Jabbawocky fish mixed in with high strength Cough medicine and other household materials. I'll ring George and ask!

3. ktrapp profile image95
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

Obviously there is no exact formula. I like the way you do yours - a short introduction that hooks the reader and then explanations broken into steps or suggestions. I think it also sometimes helps to have a conclusion or wrap-up paragraph.

I am not sure how you are defining success, but if you mean in terms of page views, then you need to also attract search engines. So part of the "formula" should also include varied keywords in headings (capsule subtitles) - but take care to avoid overt keyword stuffing; readers and search engines hate that. More headings (capsule subtitles) can be added by using multiple text capsules. This also makes editing easier!

Success also means writing about topics that people are interested in. Using your hubs as an example, I think video game addiction is a very timely topic that could draw attention. Finally, when a writer writes about a topic that they are familiar with, it shows, and also makes it easier to write multiple, varied hubs centering around the same topic that can be linked together. Taking your video game topic as an example - you could branch off and write articles for parents about warning signs that your child is becoming addicted to video games, or when is it ok for my kids to play M-rated video games, etc. These are timely, interesting, and helpful topics that can then be linked together.

Anyway, these are just suggestions that I would give to anyone who asks. But again, there is no exact formula.

working