jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Photo Copyright and Originality Question

1. kripkrip420 profile image61
    kripkrip420posted 6 years ago

Photo Copyright and Originality Question

If I was to use Photoshop to combine two or more images from the internet in such a way that it produces a new image, is this considered copyright infringement or is the image original? Thank you!

2. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

You're still using an original image and passing it as your own. If you are trying to do this I would locate the authors of both sources webpages and explain to them what you are trying to do and ask permission to use it. If they say yes save the comment, message, or e-mail to avoid any sort of legal trouble. The world is full of money hungry, sue happy people so it never hurts to be safe and not worry wink

3. lobobrandon profile image91
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Why take risks. Better link it to them both. Use sites that give pics for free

4. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

It is an infringement.  However, if you search for photos which are Creative Commons Licensed and allow alteration, you can use those.  There are plenty around.  I find the best source is Flickr, because their advanced search has the option to tick "Creative Commons", "for commercial use" and "Find content to modify, adapt, or build upon" - so if you tick all those boxes, you know you can do what you like with the results (provided, of course, that you credit the photographers in your Hub).

I wrote a Hub about finding photos on Flickr:
    http://marisawright.hubpages.com/hub/Ho … -Your-Hubs

working