jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I put a code on my "website" for google adsense?

1. Kerri McClelland profile image64
    Kerri McClellandposted 6 years ago

How do I put a code on my "website" for google adsense?

I am new to hubpages, and I am totally confused by google adsense. It says in my adsense account that it is still being reviewed and that I have to put a code on my website to start ads on my page... What does this mean?

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image95
    mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago

Adsense will hopefully approve your account fairly quickly. They will then give you a code that will look something like this  pub-1234567891234567. All you will need to do on Hubpages is go to 'My Account'-'Earnings'-scroll down to 'External Affiliate Settings'- and then click 'configure' next to the Adsense one. You can then enter and save the pub Adsense code in the correct place to ensure you start to accrue Adsense earnings.

Hope this answered your question.

3. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

Google is now following two step process to give Adsense approval.

You apply for the Adsense, they will give a code which you need to insert in your website (or wherever you are publishing, like here in hubpages). For a limited period of time, they will place ads in your pages for review and if they are satisfied with everything they will give the final approval.

Now if Google has already given you a code (which will be in the form of ca-pub-xxxx) you need to insert that in the affiliate code settings in the Hubpages. This is equivalent to putting the code in your website.

Go to my account ==>Earnings==>Settings==>External Affiliate Settings==>

Click on the configure button adjacent to Google Adsense and give your code.

Now you will be officially in the review period of Google.

Hope this helps.

4. icciev profile image59
    iccievposted 6 years ago

Hi Kerri,

Google adsense uses codes to implements ads on websites that use HTML, here on hubpages you don't need to go through all of this as it will be setup automatically for you. All what you need to do is to follow the instruction on the below hub and it will work.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/1-2- … gs-adsense

wish all success on hubpages.

working