Unmatched Ad Requests?

1. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

Unmatched Ad Requests?

Does anyone know anything about the "unmatched ad requests" on Google Adsense Reports? I have been doing some research, trying to find some answers but it's pretty oblique. Apparently, these are requests sent out that cannot be fulfilled and therefore, no ads are running. It is related to coverage. A request is "covered" when an ad is put up.

Right now, I seem to be sitting consistently at around 75% coverage. So that means only 75% of my ads are covered. This is consistent across almost all the places that I cover. Any web geniuses out there that might be willing to share more light on it?

2. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Are you using link units?

Google's http://www.google.com/adsense/support/b … er=1224195 mentions that as a possible cause for high "unmatched".

They say

"If you're using link units on your site, unmatched ad requests might be higher than expected. This is due to the way we count a matched ad request for link units. A matched ad request for a link unit is only counted if the user clicks on a term in the link unit. If the user doesn't click, the ad request is considered unmatched. As a result, coverage is lower for link units than other ad units."

3. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 6 years ago

PC, most of these are from Hubpages. I have opted out of the HP Ad Program right now and am trying to make it through Adsense. I wonder if it is related to the ads above the title that only show when we are logged out.

As a Hubpages writer, we don't have a choice as to which ads are chosen. But I wonder if this is something that is common to a lot of Hubbers or something I am doing specifically. Curious ...