Revenue share for AdSense Host account

1. ThoughtsFromGeeks profile image54
    ThoughtsFromGeeksposted 6 years ago

Revenue share for AdSense Host account

I understand I will get 60% AdSense impressions for my hubs. In my 60% impressions, HP uses their AdSense Host account along with my AdSense client id, which means HP can take a share from my clicks depending how they have configured it with Google.

Does HubPages AdSense Host Account get a share of my AdSense Ads (my 60% share of the impressions)?

2. galinaa profile image59
    galinaaposted 6 years ago

There are two ways your hub with ads is displayed:
    1) With Hubpages Ads 60% of time
    2) With your ads 40 % of time

When there is 1 - hubpages gets paid.
    When there is 2 - you get paid.

Now along with that Google takes 60% from each of you. But that should not bother you as this rule is equal for everybody and can't be changed. 60% is what Google get paid from advertisers.

3. ThoughtsFromGeeks profile image54
    ThoughtsFromGeeksposted 6 years ago

galinaa,

I think you did not get my question.

I am not concerned about the 40% impressions taken by HubPages.

I am not concerned about the 68% share already taken by Google before we all even see it.

My question is about the 60% impressions we get. For these 60% impressions, HP uses a special AdScript (not the regular AdSense ad script that we can generate from our AdSense account). This special ad script include 2 extra components:

1. alternate_ad_url
    2. Adsense Host Account Id (AdSense id of HP)

1. When Google has no Ads to show for my page, it will simply use the alternate_ad_url. In this case, HP uses a script which can do anything like showing Ads from other sources, third party ads, house Ads. I don't think we get a share of the revenue from this. Correct me if I am wrong.

2. The AdSense Host Account used in my ad script can optionally take a share out of my revenue generated out of clicks on my 60% of the impressions. My question was, does HP use this option and take any share out of it. (After a bit of research, I found out myself HP does not take a share out of this)

working