jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it vain for someone to share their hub with others on HubPages?

1. rlaha profile image70
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

Is it vain for someone to share their hub with others on HubPages?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Yes, self promoting by sharing your own links on this site will have the opposite effect - you'll run folks off that way here.

The best way to get readers to your hubs on hubpages is to be a reader, and leave comments on other people's hubs.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

There are several hubbers who share their own hubs, maybe to increase exposure, but they can be annoying, especially since as a follower I may have already read their hubs originally.  They add clutter and keep me from seeing the new hubs.

4. craftybegonia profile image75
    craftybegoniaposted 6 years ago

I think that people who come to HubPages from other sites, such as Digg and StumbleUpon, where people are allowed to do that, might take it for granted that they will not be considered annoying here either if they share their links. There might not be necessarily an agenda behind sharing a link to a Hub, just perhaps, enthusiasm about a topic or something, but since everyone might not react favorably to such a choice of action, I would not do it if i were you. Stumble and Digg your posts, encourage your Facebook friends to visit your Hubs, there are many ways to promote yourself that are totally harmless. . .and will not get you in trouble,

Wish you well!

5. giopski profile image64
    giopskiposted 6 years ago

I don't think so especially if your hub is something similar to what you're reading.  It could even open up venues for exchange and sharing of thoughts.

6. hubber088 profile image60
    hubber088posted 6 years ago

I usually think its annoying and would advise against it however if your hub is very similar to the subject matter of another or could add to the conversation in a meaningful way go for it.

working