jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it a Hubpages (or any other) to click on ads in other hubbers' articles?

1. Cyndi10 profile image87
    Cyndi10posted 6 years ago

Is it a Hubpages (or any other) to click on ads in other hubbers' articles?

I often see ads about products and services I'm interested in as I read the hubs written by others. I just haven't been sure if I can click these or even purchase from them.  It seems that would be the point of the ads, but I don't want to violate any rules. Lady Guinevere seems to ask a question in a way that says you can't. Could anyone clarify?

2. Cyndi10 profile image87
    Cyndi10posted 6 years ago

Oops! I left out the important word "violation" in my question Is it a Hubpages violation...

3. The Power Glider profile image60
    The Power Gliderposted 6 years ago

My understanding is that if you're genuinely interested in getting more information about the ad or the company putting out the ad, there shouldn't be a problem.  My understanding is that Google Ads has a policy about asking people to just click on the ads but the purpose of the ads really are to measure interest and connect potential customers with the services and products that are out there.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

No, Hubbers cannot click on other Hubbers ads. Paul Deeds said that in a forum posting that it was a no no

5. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

I think one cannot click on another hubbers' ads nor on one's own.

6. melbel profile image96
    melbelposted 6 years ago

It's a very bad idea. It's not only bad because Google could see it as hubbers 'helping each other out' but you could inadvertently click on one of your own ads on another user's hub. (Yep, your ads can sometimes appear on other users' hubs... think ref urls.)

working