jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When I publish a hub and distribute its link, then later edit the hub, does it d

1. Sustainable Sue profile image97
    Sustainable Sueposted 6 years ago

When I publish a hub and distribute its link, then later edit the hub, does it disable the link?

I've had a number of people to whom I first distributed a link tell me it doesn't work. I check and they're right. I copy and redistribute the link and this time it works. The only thing I did in the meantime was edit the article. Does editing somehow make the prior link invalid?

2. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Your link doesn't change at all.  I'm not sure what you have copied the first time - perhaps you are not copying the right link.

3. WordPlay profile image62
    WordPlayposted 6 years ago

A hub URL wouldn't disable just from editing. There probably was a one-time glitch that caused it. If it happens again, you should definitely post about it in the forum or write to HubPages support.

4. xrocker30 profile image78
    xrocker30posted 6 years ago

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I just have a faint memory of this, but I think Hubpages recently changed all of the URL's of our hubs to make it: (yourusername).hubpages.com/(articlename).  If this is true I'm pretty sure a link previous to this wouldn't work.

Maybe some active Hubpage member will back me up or correct me on this.

5. Sustainable Sue profile image97
    Sustainable Sueposted 6 years ago

It happened twice on two different hubs I wrote within the last week. Could it be because I changed the titles?

Closed to reply

working