jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What's the difference between a "Vote Up" and, say, an "interesting" or "awesome

1. UnnamedHarald profile image99
    UnnamedHaraldposted 6 years ago

What's the difference between a "Vote Up" and, say, an "interesting" or "awesome"?

I can see the accumulation of "interesting"s and "awesomes", etc but what does "Vote Up" mean? Obviously its a positive, but does it have any other implications? Where is it tracked?

2. asmaiftikhar profile image77
    asmaiftikharposted 6 years ago

Well dear if logically we think than definitely if something is interesting or awesome than that hub is naturally voted up! but i think that is the short cut if you are not clicking options like awesome etc. than only one button of voted up is enough.More words more expressions.

3. Daisy Mariposa profile image88
    Daisy Mariposaposted 6 years ago

When you vote a Hub  "up," it means that you liked the Hub, that you enjoyed reading it. The  adjectives  interesting, awesome, etc. are add-ons to your vote. You can see these words listed (and counted) on the author's profile page in the right-most column.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

Your feedback on a hub affects the score on the hub, and therefore the hubber's score.  According to the learning pages, the thumbs up affects the score. I would guess the others do too, but it doesn't specifically say that. I use them both.

5. UnnamedHarald profile image99
    UnnamedHaraldposted 6 years ago

Thanks asmiftikhar, Daisy and Millionaire for the information. The Learning Pages seem a bit vague on the finer points-- like what happens if you only click Vote Up or only one of the awesome or interesting, etc buttons. I know sometimes I've only clicked one or the other so I will make sure I always click Vote Up AND one of the others.

6. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

The "vote up" or "vote down" affects both your hubscore and author/profile scores. The more up votes you get the higher both scores get. The feedback only affects the hub itself and is an addition to your actual comment. The feedback is a rating rather that a vote. The feedback also determines how people see your hub, that's why HP created an accolade for it.

On the other hand, if someone doesn't vote on the hub, the effect is almost similar to voting it down because over time the scores will begin to fall. Hubs with lesser feedback also have lower scores.

working