jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Where is your favorite waterfall?

1. starstream profile image77
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

Where is your favorite waterfall?

I wrote an article about drinking water and included a photo of Burney Falls located in Northern California... It is a wonderful place to visit.

2. Hui (蕙) profile image80
    Hui (蕙)posted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5958021_f260.jpg

Like everybody, I have heard of and watched lots of waterfalls in media. They are magnificent and fantastic, such as Niagara. However, the one I have visited in person and saved as my favorite so far is Huangguoshu waterfalls?which is in Guizhou Province of south-west China. In 1999, it was evaluated as the greatest waterfall group by Guinness. Huangguoshu waterfalls is typical waterfalls by erosion crack in karst landforms, famous for its "grand, wonderful, vicious, and graceful". It gets the name by a common tree around there, Huangguoshu (Chinese words, and the direct English translation is "the tree with yellow fruits".). I did not find its English name in dictionary. smile

3. Larry Fields profile image80
    Larry Fieldsposted 6 years ago

My current favorite is Feather Falls, near Oroville, California. The hike in is 9 miles, round trip, with a moderate amount of elevation gain. And it's well worth the effort.

4. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 6 years ago

Yosemite, I love the Vernal and Yosemite falls.

5. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

Niagara falls is cool go visit! There got lights at night too

working