jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which reader is better; A Google Reader or a Hubpage Reader?

1. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Which reader is better; A Google Reader or a Hubpage Reader?

Recently I have felt the need to look  outside of hubpages for readership...thus, embracing Google through keyword usage.  The happy result is an increase in Google views; but this brings me to my questions.  Which type of reader is more valuable overall: If your goal is revenue or If you goal is authorship?  What if it is both?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Well, since Hubbers can't click on ads you will not make any money that way. Also, you want to draw the largest audience you can get, not just fellow writers. Your goal in writing for HubPages is to offer people information and advice.

3. dipless profile image81
    diplessposted 6 years ago

Google readers are important in both you need to bring people in from a range of backgrounds for both revenue and authorship, HP readers are great and i highly value any feedback they give me with regards to my writing, style, keyword choice or layout. But in the end i want people coming in from outside, it helps both myself and HP.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago

Apparently Paul said we can't click on other people's Ads either. Quote from Paul

"We've thought a bit about this and we do reduce the number of ads for logged in people.

Clicking on other people's ads is a big no,no and will likely result in getting banned from AdSense and HubPages."

comment made by him in this thread http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/67737#post1483104

With regards to your original question I would say all readers are worth having, but Google ones will most likely be the more financially valuable to you. If your goal is to be read then there are more Google users than HP users, so the same applies. If you want comments, feedback etc then HP readers will be the best. In other words it all depends on why you are writing and what you want out of it.

5. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Okay... I was under the impression that our accounts here were individual in that we have our.hubpages.com and moved away from the general account hubpages.com. Both uninvited writer and mistyhorizen are indicating that ads are viewed as a group event and not as an individual event... Has that changed?   Because the link to the forum in mistyhorizon's comment is over ten months old and I know when I started we were still under the old system as a group and then moved to the new individual accounts.

It make no sense that Google would punish us from clicking on ads because that is how Google makes its money... sort of.  What that is saying is that the 275,000 accounts here are not eligible to purchase any products through an ad posted on hubpages.  which again makes no sense what-so-ever.  If that is true then that behavior is getting to be a little too totalitarian for me. Please clarify.  Am moving this to a forum post for dialog!  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/90527

6. mypleasurefantasy profile image89
    mypleasurefantasyposted 6 years ago

I've been off for a while and to me its both honestly. Usually if a hubber likes what they read they share just as if they where a google reader. I believe both play pinnacle roles in both authorship and  income. Thats just my opinion.