What is the difference between a view and an impressioin?
If I have 100 views why do I only have 30 impression? what is the difference?
I don't understand all that either. Some days, too, I earn less when I have more views, so maybe the views weren't long enough to make an impression? I don't know. Maybe someone can clear this up for us. Great question!
When I was trying to figure all that out, I found this helpful:
Hi Dave. I wish I knew for sure. I always think of a "view" in terms of page visits, as in the stats section where the heading of the table is "page views." Whereas, I think of impressions in terms of ads. I think impressions take the number of ads on a hub and time a page is viewed into account. But I am not certain on any of this, just what I have tried to surmise from the HP Learning Center/Help.
Views are likely not touching , for exaple you see lot of thing every day but we never remember all. Impression is like touching you heart. If you see a nice women you must look at thats call impression............lol
A view is what you see. An impression is what you put on canvas. (copy right)
where do you see these terms exactly? perhaps i can take a look
I'm also waiting to know this answer. Like you I too used to wonder about the difference between the two.
I thought views were when someone stopped to look at your hub. That is it. An Impression is when ads click and pay...something like .002.
Great question! I think of it this way: A view is only what your eyes see, and an impression is what you get out of some views.
A view is when someone clicks on to your hub. However, an impression is when someone stays long enough for either the ads to load, or to click on one of your ads.
I believe that Hubpages pays per view, but Google pays per impression.
View # When someone is watching your hubs without your adsense ads.
Impression # When someone is watching your hub and also your adsense ads are appearing..
Note that # Your adsense appears besides your hubs only on 60% of your hubs viewing.And the rest 40% ads are of hubpage itself..
That mean # If 1 of your hubs get viewed for 10 times than 6 times will be counted as the impression and the rest 4 times as a viewing..
Keep in mind that # Viewing does not give you any doller.
NB # If you more about this matter just PM me.
view is you just go to the hub page but if you don't like it then you will not stay at that page longer, but if you like it then you will stay on page to check out the whole hub page and it will give impression.
by Favorites7 years ago
Anybody please tell me what is the difference between page views and page impressions, because I dont get the same number of page views on my hubpages statistic page and page impressions on my google adsense report.I...
by hafeezrm7 years ago
What is the difference between page views and page impression. I had 699 visits but only 129 imp?
by Luis E Gonzalez5 years ago
When I check Analytics I get the number of views for today for example but when I check Adsense the number is lower (much lower). Is this normal ?
by Sherry Hewins4 years ago
On the HubPages Adprogram Summary, what is an "impression" is it the same as a pageview?
by DIYweddingplanner6 years ago
I've read about page views and page impressions and how there are usually more views than impressions (I think I'm saying this right!), but why would there be more impressions than views?
by Beaks9 years ago
I know there is some percentage of views that goes to HubPages, but can it really be 90 percent? That's about how many of mine they get. I've never cared much until now when I have a hub that is actually getting a good...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.