jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can I write a hub on the same topic as someone else?

1. Rev. Akins profile image78
    Rev. Akinsposted 6 years ago

Can I write a hub on the same topic as someone else?

If I see someone else wrote a Hub about the same topic I want to, how do I go about making sure they are not duplicates? I have my own ideas, but don't want to be accused of copying or worse.

2. Brett Winn profile image88
    Brett Winnposted 6 years ago

You can, as long as your work is your own!

3. lifeintoronto profile image60
    lifeintorontoposted 6 years ago

Of course you can. There is nothing new under the moon. If you have your own point of view, and put a new twist on the idea, you will never be accused of copying. You could even link to that original article that inspired you. However, if you are telling exactly the same story but in different words, then it's not a good idea.  And, to answer your question "how do I go about making sure they are not duplicates" - if you think that the article you are reading is something you want to write about, do not finish reading it, then you won't be able to copy even if you want to.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image98
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

I think it's understandable to have multiple hubs on the same topic, but it sounds like the site administrators like to see something new with each hub. It you make sure you aren't using similar phrases, and you give it a fresh slant, this should be okay. If it appears to be a rewrite or paraphrased, this could create concern.

How long ago was the other piece published? If it's been a while, maybe readers are ready for a fresh take on it. If it's a new hub, you won't do either of you a favor by posting yours so soon after theirs was published.

These are just my thoughts; I certainly can't speak for the admin here!

5. Healthy Pursuits profile image91
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 6 years ago

I read a hub that Simone Smith just published, and I knew immediately that I wanted to write another hub on the same topic. I had a different point of view and a different history regarding that topic. I don't expect to have any problems with it, as my hub is very different than Simone's.

6. hillymillydee profile image61
    hillymillydeeposted 6 years ago

yes you can, just be sure that your title is not exactly the same as another hubber.

I don't think so you will write exact content with the other writer, There are hundreds of ideas we could write about a certain topic.

7. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

I don't think there would be any point if you were just repeating the same information, even if reworded. But as long as you have a different point of view or something else to say that hasn't been covered, why not?

working