jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can people who are not on hubbers subscribe to your hubs?

1. Farmer Brown profile image68
    Farmer Brownposted 6 years ago

Can people who are not on hubbers subscribe to your hubs?

Is there a function on HubPages that can send an email to my mom that says that I've written a new hub?

2. msorensson profile image73
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

I think not..They can answer on the hubs themselves but to be a follower you need to be a hubber. You can make a profile and tell people you are just here to follow, not write/publish.

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image95
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

I believe there is a way they can 'follow' by using RSS feeds. They would have to click on the link beneath your avatar that says "Subscribe to this user's RSS feed". There are several hubs  out there about the RSS feed if you wanted to find out for sure.

4. BlissfulWriter profile image69
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

If you are referring to the green "follow" button on your profile...  No, non-hubbers can not "follow" you on HubPages using HubPages email notifications.  Because in order to click on the green "follow" button, you have to sign in to HubPages.

5. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

Yes. They can subscribe to your feed by placing it on their browser homepage, blog or website.

As with your mom, you can't send an email directly from HP but you can if you are using Firefox. I don't know how to do it from Chrome yet.

To send it from Firefox, go to file menu, scroll down to send link.

working