jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How can I add horizontal space or separators between sections in my hub page?

1. LucidWarrior profile image60
    LucidWarriorposted 6 years ago

How can I add horizontal space or separators between sections in my hub page?

I would like to add space between content sections in my hubs. Normally a horizonal rule works well but attempts to add this in a text box as HTML code (in HTML mode) doesn't work.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

If you've seen horizontal separators on hubs (and I have older hubs with some) - what those actually are - are picture capsules, and the picture is just the separator.

I'd give you the link for a site that has a lot of those....but I'd have to dig through a thousand emails to find it.

They typically don't belong to anyone, so ...I'd just download one and use it were I you.

I'll give you an example of one on my own hubs, and if you see one on any of my hubs - then please feel free to use it, you can just hit "copy image," or you can download it.  The one's I've been using are typically herringbone pattern.

http://wesmantoddshaw.hubpages.com/hub/ … latpickers

3. LucidWarrior profile image60
    LucidWarriorposted 6 years ago

Thanks Wesman. I was thinking of using or making a graphic but I wasn't sure how wide to make it. Thanks for the quick response.

4. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6129583_f260.jpg

Here's one of mine.  I also sometimes use photo capsule to break my article in sections.  If you are designing your own, you can add it in one of your hubs to see how it looks.. and adjust the size whether you want it thinner or thicker.

Sometimes I just add something like this, in between sections...

-------------------------+++-------------------------

5. GA Anderson profile image81
    GA Andersonposted 6 years ago

Hub writing and formatting tips to insert divider lines to separate text blocks or force capsule alignment. Simple photo capsule techniques will make you look like an expert read more

working