jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What rules should I follow on keyword density for my hub?

1. jpcmc profile image88
    jpcmcposted 6 years ago

What rules should I follow on keyword density for my hub?

Is there a rule or guide when it comes to keyword density for a hub?

2. Angie497 profile image77
    Angie497posted 6 years ago

It's hard to say for sure, since most search engines want to keep details like that basically secret - don't want people gaming the search any more than they already try to, right? But in general, most SEO info I've seen seem to say 2-4%. Any more than that and it may be interpreted by the algorithm as keyword stuffing. And to be honest, for many keywords, more than that just doesn't read naturally.

3. BRIAN SLATER profile image89
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

Google now looks unfavourably on any article with keywords over 4%. The 4% includes everything in your article including text, Photo's, polls, links etc,etc If you're in any doubt about the amount of keywords you have used you can check the article for keyword density at Googles webmaster tools.

4. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I've also seen the 2% to 4% figure quoted - which is not much, when you think about it.   By the time you've got your keywords in all your headings, sub-headings and ads, you can't mention your keywords too often in the text!

I believe that's why many internet marketers got wiped out by Panda, because they learned from systems which tended to produce a density closer to 4% to 6%.

5. Casey Strouse profile image60
    Casey Strouseposted 6 years ago

You should ignore keyword density and focus more on building up a strong following and writing useful stuff.

6. profile image0
    paxwillposted 6 years ago

Try to write naturally first and foremost.  Then when you go back to edit, you can include a few more instances of a keyword phrase where it won't sound too awkward.  When I do it that way, I get a density around 2%, so it really doesn't take a lot of effort.