jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Was this Hub ?

1. singleaple profile image70
    singleapleposted 6 years ago

Was this Hub ?

Given the current options you can select for this question, like funny, useful etc

How about another option being available such as :

Was this Hub - "pretty boring, not much to it, and overall pretty useless" option ?

What do you reckon?

2. hoteltravel profile image70
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

Hubpages is a platform for amateur writers. Discouraging them with negative comments is not a good idea. If you have any suggestions to improve a hub, you can always send the hubber a personal mail. However, I would like to have some more button options like 'excellent' and 'well-said'.

3. Phelcky profile image60
    Phelckyposted 6 years ago

I think this would make the site more negative. I think it is a very save and friendly site. If those options were available it would hurt a lot of people. If you don't like what others write don't read it wink

4. flashmakeit profile image71
    flashmakeitposted 6 years ago

An option, tab or button called pretty boring or useless would be rude and some people would choose the option just to me mean.  I think if you find a lot of boring or useless hubs you should write a hub on how not to write a boring or useless hub because this may bring you a lot of hits and revenue.

5. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I agree with Flashmakeit. HubPages has deliberately chosen not to have any buttons with a negative tone, as this would be misused. Some people have quit HubPages after being voted down in questions, receiving negative comments, or having their hubs voted down. People tend to be sensitive to criticism. HubPages is not the ideal place for serious literary critique, I'm afraid.