This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is the use of Pinterest to promote your hubs recommended?

1. TFScientist profile image89
    TFScientistposted 6 years ago

Is the use of Pinterest to promote your hubs recommended?

Have you had any problems or bad experiences? Does it drive serious traffic to your hubs?

2. profile image50
    blakequinteroposted 6 years ago

I would say, I highly recommend it. Hubs are supposedly informative, unique and original in nature. Add a little more spice of aesthetics with some images and all, that's a nearly fit recipe for Pinterest, I guess.

3. Trsmd profile image61
    Trsmdposted 6 years ago

I tried through my Facebook, but unable to open account there. After opening the account I have to comment about that sharing.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Like every other social sharing site you have to be sure you don't submit too many of your hubs. Make sure you pin a lot of other stuff too. I have pinned maybe 3 of my hubs and 1 has been pinned by others. The site is not meant to be solely for self promotion.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I just joined Pinterest yesterday so the jury's still out on whether it's "recommended".

As someone pointed out above, the site is not intended for use solely as a self-promotional tool, so last night I "pinned" a mix of my Hub related stuff as well as some random things plucked from some of my other favorite sites, just to get me started. We'll see how it goes from there.

6. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Note that Pinterest takes ownership of any images you pin - small print most people don't notice.

7. jenjohnson42 profile image63
    jenjohnson42posted 6 years ago

I joined Pinterest recently, and did pin several of my Hubs as well as some other things I find interesting. I definitely saw an increase in traffic to my Hubs, and looking at my stats (traffic sources), a fair amount of this was due to Pinterest. I definitely suggest giving it a try.

working