jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How long do you think a hub should be?

1. Phelcky profile image61
    Phelckyposted 6 years ago

How long do you think a hub should be?

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I hub should never be less than 500 words.  HubPages recommends having hubs about 1,500 words long.  For me, personally I like to aim for around 1,000 words per hub, give or take.  I like to write hubs that are not too short, yet not too long.

3. dahoglund profile image81
    dahoglundposted 6 years ago

I think that 500 to 1500 words work best, but it is only an opinion. Less is too short and tend to make it look like poor quality. If too long people tend not to read it all. Maybe that is me because I find it hard to read on line.

4. Phelcky profile image61
    Phelckyposted 6 years ago

Well thank you smile I have only published 8 hubs, the first couples of hubs weren't that long but it's getting better. I Just don't want people to get bored or lose interest.

5. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

Its just my opinion, but I think anywhere between 600 and 1500 words is about right. You don't want it too short, because some people like a good read, on the other hand anything over 1500 words and people may get fed up.

6. Michael J Rapp profile image61
    Michael J Rappposted 6 years ago

I aim for at least 1000 words, but usually end up around 1200-1500.  I still always feel like they are too short.  I try to think what I would be looking for if I were searching for info onliine.  I usually prefer sites with a lot of text and information over blubs that just skim the surface of a topic.

7. pharuk temmy t profile image38
    pharuk temmy tposted 6 years ago

Well I want you to know that hupages accept as much as you can but the least words is 200.so you can go above 200 words...

8. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hub Pages, Phelcky!

Not to be flippant or dismiss your question, but every hub and every topic is different, so I have to say a hub should be,  "as long as it needs to be."
    Some will require ,1500 or 3,000 words;  Others can be put together with 500 or less.
    It's hard to assign a hard-and-fast absolute value.  It's also dependent upon each individual's writing style. 
    Pick topics you enjoy and know something about, and feel your way through exploring those subjects as you write.  You'll soon discover what works best for you.

Best wishes!