jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Is it OK to put links to other hubs in the comment boxes?

1. eddiecarrara profile image97
    eddiecarraraposted 6 years ago

Is it OK to put links to other hubs in the comment boxes?

Sometimes I want to point a reader to another hub of mine where I know they will find the answer to their question. So is it over promotional to add a link to another hub of mine in the comment box. I have done it in the past and haven't had any problems, but I read somewhere it was against hubpages rules, I looked it up, but couldn't find anything on that particular rule.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

There are no restrictions whatsoever for linking to hubs as long as you do this from your own hubs or from comments on your own hubs.

3. razorblades profile image61
    razorbladesposted 6 years ago

I would think it's perfectly fine, especially if it has related content and it compliments the subject of your original hub!  Remember that if the hub is related in subject matter to yours, there is nothing stopping you from doing likewise!

4. beezico profile image77
    beezicoposted 6 years ago

I sure think it is within ethics to do that so long as there is relevance to it from an earlier point of view.....

5. maggs224 profile image85
    maggs224posted 6 years ago

I would have no problem if you left a link in a comment on one of my hubs if it was  useful or relevant to the hub in question and it was a pertinent part of the comment.

I don't like people just using comment boxes just to post their own links and I am happy to say that I have not experienced this on HubPages but I have on my RedGage pages and I don't like it at all and report it as spam right away so that they can remove it.

6. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

I only do this if it's completely related to the hub I've just read, AND will add to the subject.

7. profile image0
    jtexasposted 6 years ago

I think it can be ok if you are posting in another hub page if you are adding value to that writers hub page. I think the fine line is when someone intentionally places links in another persons hub adding no value to their post.

8. kayyluh profile image77
    kayyluhposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't mind if they commented about my hub and said that it was related to the hub. I don't believe there is anything wrong with it as long as it is related and not about something random and just trying to get views off of my work. smile

9. Mary Stuart profile image81
    Mary Stuartposted 5 years ago

I would not mind so long as the link was relevant to my hub and yu also left a comment, preferably a positive comment.

10. Bldg an Architect profile image67
    Bldg an Architectposted 5 years ago

As long as it adds something to the conversation.  Putting a few sentences of comment would build some good will and make people more receptive to your link.

11. petersavage profile image61
    petersavageposted 5 years ago

If at adds to the conversation and provides good information it wouldn't be a problem.

12. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

If I have written a similar hub, I have sometimes mentioned it in a comment. I would never assume that someone would allow me to post a link to my hub in the comment box.

I have supplied the link to hub authors if requested and hoped they might add my hub to their links capsule. But I have not become upset if they didn't. It is their hub afterall.

13. hillymillydee profile image59
    hillymillydeeposted 5 years ago

Someone had left links promoting their website and products in my hub's comment box. They didn't even say anything about my hub but just the link. The other said my hub is good but the link he left is not relevant with my hub at all.

I was thinking maybe they didn't read what is at the bottom of the comment box
    you can read the hubpages requirement saying:

-->Comments are not for promoting your Hubs or other sites

You can check your comment box and see

14. cascoly profile image58
    cascolyposted 5 years ago

i also dont mind commenters including hub links if relevant

but right under the 'post comment' button it says:

?No HTML is allowed in comments, but URLs will be hyperlinked
    ?Comments are not for promoting your Hubs or other sites

working