jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How well do you research your articles before writing them?

1. profile image50
    NikkiMunposted 6 years ago

How well do you research your articles before writing them?

I am doing an assignment for school and I am using one of your articles as a source. In my bibliography I have to evaluate the source so I need to know how much you research your articles so I can judge whether or not you are a reliable source.

2. christianajohan profile image58
    christianajohanposted 6 years ago

There are many factors in writing but I have simple articles about writing that is very helpful especially in school.

My hubs have some writing topics. I include planning as part of the writing work.

3. jimmythejock profile image85
    jimmythejockposted 6 years ago

Hi NikkiMun, It really depends on the article that I am writing, if I write on an educational topic I try to do as much research as I possibly can, i would research from books and the internet and I have a few friends who are teachers whom i go to if i am unsure or find conflicting information.
    some hubs I write though come straight  of my head with little or no research except from my own personal experiences.
    hope that this answers your question.....jimmy

4. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I'm like Jimmy it depends on what kind of article I'm writing. If for example it's not an overly serious hub then as long as I can get verification from a couple of good sources that I've used before and I trust, then I'm happy. If the article is more serious then I tend to want more verification of facts and more in-depth information. So all in all, I do spend a lot more time researching than I do writing.

5. DonnaCosmato profile image96
    DonnaCosmatoposted 6 years ago

It really depends on the topic versus my credentials. For instance, I'm a retired educator and lay children's minister, so I might cite my experience when I'm writing a lesson plan or something educational, but I might also cite other sources. When I interview experts on a topic, I cite the person and the type of interview (phone, email, Skype) etc. Any research done on any topic is cited at the end in my references/resources section and I include either a link or the URL so sources can be verified. I hope this helps:)