jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is a Hubnugget nominee allowed to encourage other Hubbers to vote for her Hub?

1. Brainy Bunny profile image94
    Brainy Bunnyposted 6 years ago

Is a Hubnugget nominee allowed to encourage other Hubbers to vote for her Hub?

I know we're supposed to promote our Hub to friends on outside sites and encourage everyone we know to vote, but I don't know whether we're allowed to let our followers know we've been nominated. Does Hubpages consider that too self-promotional? Is it tacky? Or is it common practice?

2. srk4you profile image61
    srk4youposted 6 years ago

If I were to be nominated, I would not have second thoughts on it... I mean, you can promote! Just refrain from emailing all your followers. A best way to go is update your "HubPages status" with a link to the voting page. And how about a new hub showcasing what would it feel like if you were to win?

Source (and Disclaimer): I have seen many hubbers asking their readers to vote for them. I have read this in their hubs, not elsewhere. So, my answer is subject to HubPages TOS.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I was nominated for a HubNugget when I first joined here and yeah, I pimped the heck out of it on my Facebook and a couple of forums I belong to in order to snag votes. I see nothing wrong with a little self-promotion!!

4. ElizaDoole profile image86
    ElizaDooleposted 6 years ago

I was wondering the same thing Brainy, I've just learned how to like my hubs on Facebook. Having to promote further has got me shaking in my boots. *sending telepathic message*. "Vote for A Magical Day at the Gruut Brewery" in travel section."
    My work is done.

working