jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you recommend forum sites to boost traffic on your own site?

1. rob_allen profile image85
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

Do you recommend forum sites to boost traffic on your own site?

What are your highly recommended forum sites that can boost traffic?

2. Casey Strouse profile image62
    Casey Strouseposted 6 years ago

I'm active on a forum with over 300,000 members, I've been a member for almost 5 years, and have a few thousand posts and only get 5-10 visitors from my forums links per month.

I use forum signatures and links on forums to get links for the search engine to spider rather than to drive traffic as there are much better ways to boost traffic.

3. Rob Winters profile image85
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

If you want your forum generated traffic to be targeted and therefore more likely to take interest and hopefully action then you should focus on forums that relate specifically to the subject matter of your particular hubs or areas of interest.You can find forums for almost every conceivable niche.I'd suggest you do a search for a few, observe to see which ones have the greatest activity/traffic and focus your efforts there.It can be a bit time consuming but it is free and if you're genuine in your contributions you can generate some good and trusting traffic this way,but it's not a quick fix solution and can take some time to generate volume and therefore should be just one arm in your efforts.

Regularly using forums in your areas of interest can also be a great way to learn what your market or audience are looking for and allowing you to fill that need.I have a hub on using forums to generate traffic if you're interested in more detail on this topic http://robwinters.hubpages.com/hub/forumsfortraffic

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I don't do that.  I don't think it's necessary at all. 

Here's the truth about traffic:

ALL traffic is somewhat "good traffic," but only search engine traffic is "shopping traffic."

So maybe all traffic from legit sites is "good," but forum traffic can't be as good as search engine traffic.