jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Please help me write a post with an html link that is a blue link or some type o

1. DrMikeFitz profile image58
    DrMikeFitzposted 6 years ago

Please help me write a post with an html link that is a blue link or some type of "forward" link

Will you please help me put in a "h ref" in a post? I call it a "blue link" but am not sure about the technical term. I tried and got a long bunch of code and need help! Thanks!!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

If you highlight the word you want linked in the text capsule you will see a chain icon in the toolbar, click on this and insert the URL.

3. StrictlySimpleAM profile image61
    StrictlySimpleAMposted 6 years ago

The "blue link" is called the URL I suggest for easy posting that you use an Advanced Editor with HTML base.  You will know this if you have a bunch of icons at the top of the page where you change fonts, colors, etc.  There will be an icon that looks like a "chain link."  If you have mouse over, you can find it by mousing over the icons until you find the one that says insert/edit link.  Click on the whole link, not the broken link and you should be able to add your link there. 

Let me make this a little easier.  When you get to the point where you want to add your link.. lets say for instance.. http://www.DrMike.com.. highlight the link, like you are going to copy it, then click on the "chain link" icon.  A pop up window will appear where you can type in your link; put a title on it; open it in a new window if you like.  I hope this helps.

4. snlee profile image78
    snleeposted 6 years ago

Just click the blue colored word " LINK ' under 'Add More Capsule' on the right

5. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 6 years ago

the technical term is hyperlink.

when writing your hub ... click edit html ... and the area you want blue put in the following code before and after ...

&a href="type your link address here"£ type your blue text here &/a£

replace & with the "less than" math symbol
    replace £ with the "greater than" math symbol...

it's not letting me type it out, so that's the best i can do. good luck.

working