jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Too many keywords?

1. Paradice profile image74
    Paradiceposted 6 years ago

Too many keywords?

Can you have too many keywords? I recently stuffed my Hubs with keywords (20plus) attempting the best phrases/words based on google adwords. My traffic has been falling slowly- is there a connection?

2. rob_allen profile image85
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

Pre-Panda, putting too much keywords on your article are acceptable. Now, 5% of the entire article would be okay for your keywords. try to tame the keywords down and make quality content. remember, content is king smile

3. easylearningweb profile image91
    easylearningwebposted 6 years ago

For Hubpages, Help reference says to not stuff your hubpages with too many keywords. Here's where I found info about keyword stuffing: go to Hubpages Help, and under Publishing Rules and Policies, see #12, "My Hub was moderated as deceptively tagged, titled, or categorized; what does that mean?"

On a related note, in regards to tags on right panel in hubs, somewhere I read that when you add tags, you shouldn't have more than 8 to 10. I had a lot more in some of my hubs, but I did some keyword research by testing phrases on google, and I reduced some of my tags and only kept the keywords and phrases in the tags that produced the most search results.

4. Paradice profile image74
    Paradiceposted 6 years ago

Thank you smile that was very insightful. I think I need to keep with my keyword research and just "watch and see".
        I am more concerned with the tags on the right panel in hubs, as I feel there was a correlation between me stuffing there and my views going down.
        Pre-Panda?? I think you just opened up a can of worms deserving a new question. I have much to learn about tags/keywords and appreciate both helpful answers.