jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What would make you 'Unfollow' a person after you have been following them in Hu

1. LaThing profile image75
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

What would make you 'Unfollow' a person after you have been following them in Hubpages?

I have not done it myself yet (unless I did it by mistake... Still new here smile, but noticed that button and have wondered what would make me 'unfollow' someone that I have been following?

2. tlcs profile image48
    tlcsposted 5 years ago

Good question, I would love to know too!

3. hecate-horus profile image81
    hecate-horusposted 5 years ago

When I was offended by the view points of the writer.

4. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 5 years ago

I've heard that unfollowing inactive users can actually increase your hubber score. Apart from that they would probably have to significantly annoy me before I'd hit the button.

5. hoteltravel profile image71
    hoteltravelposted 5 years ago

Following totally inactive hubbers doesn't make sense. This is a good reason to unfollow them. Whether this will boost your hub score or not is not clear.

6. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

maybe if he is a spammer or starts to piss me off

7. Ironman1992 profile image59
    Ironman1992posted 5 years ago

I have not unfollowed anyone yet either, but I probably would if the person I was following stopped posting good hubs.

8. LaThing profile image75
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

Thanks for all the answers. Didn't know that inactive hubbers can decrease your score, or hinder your Hubber score!

9. Teylina profile image60
    Teylinaposted 5 years ago

I have done this once or twice when I found the writer, though good, was on a different wavelength than me. One or two hubs may be exactly right for the time I have to read, and my interest. If, later, I find otherwise, I may unfollow. As far as inactivity is concerned, my scores have often gone up, and some times gone down when I was inactive. I don't hold inactivity against a writer, because life does get in the way, and you never know their circumstances, or what they may offer on return. That's based on "How Long is "Inactive?" If I unfollow someone I truly like, admire, appreciate, I wouldn't know they had a new hub out if I stopped following. I could name a few, but won't.

working