jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What can you teach us about Backlink Farms?

1. Debby Bruck profile image74
    Debby Bruckposted 6 years ago

What can you teach us about Backlink Farms?

I'm new to Backlink Farms and thought backlinks was the gold standard for improving visibility. What is the definition of "backlink farm" and do you have lists of companies doing these things? Please provide some examples of backlinking techniques that people use that makes it a "farming" technique. What backlinks will be acceptable to Google's algorithms without causing a negative effect? What difference does it make if you personally backlink, use the share buttons, a friend links your HP, or you hire someone to help you create links to your Hubs? 

2. profile image0
    mikeydcarroll67posted 6 years ago

I find its a bit better to leave comments on other sites and leave a link back to mine. I've heard a lot of bad things about backlink farms with the rankings in search engines.

3. cebutouristspot profile image75
    cebutouristspotposted 6 years ago

Backlink farm is bad since it filled with spammy links and google consider this Black Hat SEO.  This can possibly hurt you more than benefit you.

Google's algorithms is a guarded secret and change from time to time.  Knowing what is good for google is every Internet marketeer dream.

I suggest just do a little of everything RSS, tweet, social bookmarking, forum posting, directories, blog, profile & etc.

4. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

nothing wrong to use backlinks to raise visibility but do not make use of farms!