jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Tired of your beneficial hubs being overlooked for superficial hubs?

1. ChinaDoll32BX profile image60
    ChinaDoll32BXposted 5 years ago

Tired of your beneficial hubs being overlooked for superficial hubs?

Why is it that hubpages chooses superficial articles as the best, instead of choosing meaningful, educational articles that affect the real world? You can write a hub that can assist others through a crises, provide tips for unemployment, or be down right entertaining. However, your hub score remains low because you don't receive enough traffic, which is entirely outside of your control. What if you put hours into your hubs and produce content that can really help someone? However, your hub is ignored, yet if you wrote a recipe, your hub can be featured as the hub of the day, WTF is this fair?

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image86
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

I guess it's just supply-and-demand, quality over quantity and such. I think there's very few factors that can be changed other than constant updates, get people following you and such. Other than that, I'm clueless.

3. WannaB Writer profile image90
    WannaB Writerposted 5 years ago

My guess is that some people are better at optimizing for Google than others and they get more traffic from outside HubPages.

Also, HubPages is looking for a lot of varied capsules in a hub, it seems -- especially original videos and photos. I can see, though, why a good recipe might get a lot of traffic, since everyone eats and at least one person in every family cooks. People are always looking for new ideas on what to cook, so a recipe might not be superficial.

4. ChinaDoll32BX profile image60
    ChinaDoll32BXposted 5 years ago

You guys are absolutely right, my choice words may have been a little harsh. Apologize for offending anyone I also enjoy a great recipe. I am just trying to give a voice to those who may not be sure of how this works and might be getting frustrated.

working