jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you think of topics and titles for Hubs?

1. Bills Place profile image84
    Bills Placeposted 6 years ago

How do you think of topics and titles for Hubs?

I came across a question on here asking what the easiest part of writing a hub is, and I replied "thinking up topics". That got me curious as to how fellow hubbers come up with topics and titles for their hubs... Do you just write about what you know so they come naturally, do you write about things you have to research and learn about, maybe you brainstorm, search the internet, etc?

For me I come up with topics randomly through the day, something somebody says on TV, a question somebody has. Sometimes surfing the internet or if I'm blank, walking in the library gives me all kind of hub ideas

2. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

yup all  those things. I keep a a stenopad with me all the time at home. Not at work, don't want to get busted. But, I have it in the car and write notes during breaks. I can do that many can't. I go throught it several times a week. I cross off bunches or put a note for future reference like - latter,  not now. Too  much research. Put this on the front burner. On and On. I spend a little time researching the idea or the worthiness of it with the hubpage  market, the google / yahoo market, and with my specific market or from analytics who and where my readership is.

I know that was a bunch of mumbo jumbo and someone may be able to write a hub on  this for the contest too. Who knows?

3. Kevin Hogan profile image61
    Kevin Hoganposted 6 years ago

The news, what is going on in the world.  Today is International Women's Day so I wrote about my daughters and how I raise them.  A few weeks ago I wrote about birth control because that was all over the news.

4. rLcasaLme profile image73
    rLcasaLmeposted 6 years ago

whatever pops up in my mind that i feel will be worth reading. I get inspiration from the same sources you've mentioned. I hub about topics I know well, and topics I somehow feel I can cover but does research on it before considering writing.

5. susanna NY profile image61
    susanna NYposted 6 years ago

You just use it as a form of therapy and just go with it don't hold back and the reward  and peace that you feel afterward is amazing!

6. JamaGenee profile image84
    JamaGeneeposted 6 years ago

Topics are never a problem for me, but titles are.  That's where I usually get stuck.  Having to come up with a "wow" or attention-grabbing title before I've even written the hub seems backwards.  The workaround I use is to write the content offline (in Word or similar program), where the title will usually make itself known.  Then I transfer it all to HP Edit.  I don't claim this method will work for everybody, but it's what works for me. ;D