jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

? regaurding settings, "This hub may be considered commercial" ??

1. Army Infantry Mom profile image61
    Army Infantry Momposted 7 years ago

I have been editing my hubs and tweaking them. I noticed in the editing section settings, it has 2 box's you can check or leave blank. One of the box's say's , this hub may be considered commercial. Do I check the box,..What should be concidered commercial. How will checking the box or leaving it blank affect my google adsense or click revenue. I'm totally lost here, so if anyone could help out,..it would be really nice. Thanks !!! P.S. Hope all has a Super weekend !!!

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

depending on the topic, if it has a way of making money, it's commercial. what is your topic?  I always click on commercial.

Army Infantry Momposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have a varity of topics, mainly regaurding our Troops and the war,..and a few other little things. I thought I should of kept my boxes checked,..drats,..must go change them now. I suppose any hub could actually make money. Thanks bunches for the help,..

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
          rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure there are others that know more about marketing than myself, but I check them. smile

2. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 7 years ago

It is all rather vague, so about a week ago I decided these were the rules:

- If you are writing it to promote a business or yourself or a friend, then it could be considered commercial
    - If you are deliberately promoting something through an affiliate link, or similar, it is commercial

Now, the bit I am not sure about is if I create a list.  Say I wrote a list of Ice cream companies at the seaside.... and had a link out to all their websites... so on that one, I wouldn't be sure, so I'd probably tick it as commercial anyway.

Being commercial or not doesn't affect anything except that the level of advertising on your hubpage is high.  If it is marked as commercial, then the level of adverts has to be set to "high".

It's all a bit obscure though isn't it.

Just tick it, I do now.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

By checking the "commercial" box, it sets your Adsense settings to High and you can't change it. If you leave it unchecked, you can have your Adsense settings at High, Medium, Low or None. So it really just has to do with the number of Adsense ads that will show up on the hub.

Oh I see,..thanks !!!

4. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

most importantly clicking that box is an agreement that your content is within the "allowed" topics for your advertising partners.

..which your content does

Whew,..thats good to know,.. Thanks !!

working