jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why would HubPages "close" a question less than 24 hours after it was asked?

1. Suzie ONeill profile image74
    Suzie ONeillposted 6 years ago

Why would HubPages "close" a question less than 24 hours after it was asked?

I posted a fun question for people to answer. It was completely G rated, not offensive in any way, and I thought it would generate a lot of discussion. But, when I logged in today to see if anyone has answered the question, I received a message saying that the question had been closed. Any thoughts?

2. Maddambutterfly profile image83
    Maddambutterflyposted 6 years ago

Is there a chance that this question had already been asked recently by another member?

3. B. Leekley profile image90
    B. Leekleyposted 6 years ago

No. It's a mystery. Who is in charge of closing questions? Why didn't they give a reason? It's like being in a story by Kafka. I read some HubPages instruction that some sorts of questions go better in the forums than as a Question, but if that was so in this case, why didn't they have the common courtesy and helpfulness to say so? Maybe they are understaffed. What was your question that got closed? Or if you post it in the just for fun forum, please let me know. I wonder if the same thing often happens to others.

4. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 6 years ago

If HubPages feels that a question is designed to generate a lot of discussion, they may determine that it is better suited as a forum post where discussion is encouraged.  The question and answers feature is meant for just that, questions and answers not long discussions.  They have been known to close questions that fit this situation.  Of course, they should have the courtesy to let the poster of the original question know what is going on!

5. kittyjj profile image70
    kittyjjposted 6 years ago

No matter what the reason was for closing the question, they should let us know so that we know where or how to ask questions.

6. profile image0
    Emerald Strachanposted 5 years ago

There are reasons that a question might be closed.

If it generated discussion instead of answers then it would be closed.

If there was reason that the question or the answers were flagged, say the discussion or answers were offensive.

The point is there was a reason, but we hubber would not know. If you really want to know why then contact Team Hubpages and request an explanation.