jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Expanding on another question: If you have multiple hub accounts, what are the b

1. Eliminate Cancer profile image59
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

Expanding on another question: If you have multiple hub accounts, what are the benefits?

How have you used this, what are the benefits, is it difficult to keep things organized, do Hubpages discourage this?

2. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

This is what the Hubpages FAQ has to say:

Can I have multiple HubPages accounts?
    You may have more than one account, as long as they are used in the spirit of contribution to the community. Creating large numbers of accounts for solely promotional purposes may result in all of them being banned. Creating Hubs about the same or very similar subjects in different accounts is also prohibited. Please stick to a persona in the Forums; using more the one account to post in the same Forum thread is not allowed.

I have about five. I find them useful if you find good keywords you don't want other users to steal (and theft on the internet is quite common!)

3. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

HubPages doesn't discourage or encourage multiple accounts. It's up to you.

Keeping track of Hubs does get difficult once you get over 100, in my experience.  However I'm not sure multiple accounts are a good idea any more, unless you have strong reasons for needing them.

In the early days, Hubpages was one huge site and no matter how many accounts you created, your Hubs were just part of that big site. 

These days, HubPages is just the platform, and each of our sub-domains is like a separate website.  In general, the more content a website has, the better - so it's probably better to keep all your Hubs in one account, than split them over several accounts, unless you know you'll be able to write large numbers of Hubs on each account.

Like Wry says, if you become known as a successful Hubber, there will be those who monitor what you write about and steal your ideas - so if you start getting a profile, it can be wise to start another account which the thieves know nothing about. 

Some people like to keep separate accounts to keep their commercial and non-commercial topics separate.

4. Hunbbel Meer profile image87
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

One justification to have multiple accounts can be the diversity of completely different niches. However, I will still prefer a single account.

The only benefit which I consider, as I have mentioned earlier, is that the search engines may give the home page a better ranking, which is totally dedicated to a major niche.The interlinking hubs and the main profile page of the hubber will contribute their major parts in it.