jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What's going on with my profile score?

1. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

What's going on with my profile score?

In the last two days my profile score plummeted from 88 to 83, for no apparent reason. Explanations anyone?

2. profile image0
    KatrineDalMonteposted 6 years ago

It keeps changing throughout the day. Mine was 89 this morning and now it's 86. I believe it mainly depends on your activity.

3. profile image0
    Emerald Strachanposted 6 years ago

Your profile score does change for a reason, however HP does not reveal those exact reasons for the purpose of keeping people from manipulating the system and from people from stealing their formula. Suffice it to say, they have explained that the increase or decrease has to do with several factors such as:

(1) your activity; be it too much or too little
    (2) traffic to your hubs
    (3) the inter-relation to your hubscores
    (4) feedback to your hubs whether it's via comments, votes or interesting, awesome etc.
    (5) whether or not you have any violations
    (6) publishing of hubs; you will notice that 24 hours after publishing a hub your score may increase a point or two.

and stuff like that.

What I have been told many times is that I need to moderate my activity level and don't watch the score too much so long as it's over 75. Personally I think anywhere over 85 is acceptable.

4. JamaGenee profile image82
    JamaGeneeposted 6 years ago

What Emerald and Katrine said.  Your profile score will fluctuate regularly, for all the reasons Emerald listed...plus a few only known to the HP Team and the elves that live in the hollow tree behind HP HQ. ;D