jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

What's going on with banning on HP?

1. tillsontitan profile image89
    tillsontitanposted 5 years ago

What's going on with banning on HP?

I've had three new followers that I went to check on only to find they were banned from HP....is there a banned virus going around, or something I don't know about?

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Hey Til.....When you go to their site, does it state that they are banned?   I have read and heard that HP has begun to get stricter and come down on us for all sorts of reasons.  There's a slight issue with this, though.   We never know why anyone is banned, so it's not much of a warning to the rest of us.  Know what I mean?  We may not even see anything wrong with a hub....but HP might.  Well, wouldn't it be nice to know what we should be avoiding?   Keep me posted on this if you come up with an answer.   If you know another close follower of theirs, I would send them an email to see if they know anything specific.... Good luck!

tillsontitanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Most of these folks were new followers to me so I have no info whatsoever.  Makes me nervous hoping I don't wind up in the same boat, you never know, especially when, like you said we never know why someone is banned.

2. xstatic profile image60
      xstaticposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You? banned? Ever? The outcry would bring down the very walls. I have had a couple of new followers that, when I look at their profiles, have been around a while but no hubs published. Have also seen some hubs on the Hopper which are purely ads.

3. tillsontitan profile image89

Thanks xstatic, but hey, you never know wink

3. Goody5 profile image79
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

This is really a good question, and even though reasons for this are mentioned in the "FAQ" section of the hub pages, we never find out why certain individual hubbers are banned. I've seen this happen on multiple occasions, but one hubber has always been stuck in my mind for being banned. They were here for two years, and always left some of the nicest and most polite comments that I've ever seen. They had lots of hubs and they were very active, and all of a sudden one day they were banned out of the blue. I still don't understand what happened, and I probably never will.

That's what's frustrating, not knowing.  I wish there was a way they could state why they were banned...say "improper in forum" or "inappropriate hubs", something to give us a clue.

4. hawaiianodysseus profile image82
    hawaiianodysseusposted 5 years ago

Of those three new followers, did they have profile photos, or did they have that ambiguous silhouette of a man in a hat? Just curious.

With civil rights being tampered with, I, too, have a concern about banning. But in my less than informed opinion of this issue, my sense is that those of us who are compliant with the HP rules and are good neighbors to our peers have nothing to worry about.

So keep on Hubbing away, tillsontitan! Aloha, and have a great weekend!

They had profile pictures, that's what surprised me.

5. ocbill profile image62
    ocbillposted 5 years ago

That is weird and kind of upsetting. A forum is a place to voice your opinion in a civilized manner. Maybe something was not liked or they did something sneaky.

6. James-wolve profile image80
    James-wolveposted 5 years ago

Maybe they violated the rules several times or maybe they were rude to some hubbers,so they flagged them.

Understood, but they appeared to be new hubbers with no published hubs.

working